PDA

View Full Version : Vacancy on strip

bigflyingrob
30th Aug 2006, 07:12
We have 1 vacancy on our farm strip near J22 of the M25. Due the club caravan burning down we can now add 1 extra T hanger up to 35 feet span and 20 feet long. So if anyone is interested do give me a call. Runways 350 yds and 250 yds and remember
A) You will need to build the hanger. We did the rest for £1600 each a while back. "They" aren't going to build it for you!
B) Club fees are £90 a quarter
C) We can fly 365 days a year
D) You WILL need to get planning permision for it. We all had to so you can to. It ain't that hard but it takes a month ot two. Anyone who says "Oh I don't need planning permission because"............ had better learn to run!

AerBabe
30th Aug 2006, 07:58
E) You've got to like big fluffy dogs and have a large supply of sausages.

18greens
30th Aug 2006, 12:25
£90 per quarter sound superb but what do you fly out of 350yds other than a helicopter? Enlighten me.

AerBabe
30th Aug 2006, 12:27
http://www.thruster.co.uk/rightbank.gif

For example. :ok:

rotorspin
30th Aug 2006, 14:50
"Due the club caravan burning down
You will need to build the hanger. We did the rest for £1600 each a while back. "They" aren't going to build it for you!
We all had to so you can to. It ain't that hard but it takes a month or two. Anyone who says "Oh I don't need planning permission because"............ had better learn to run!

Sounds like friendly place???! Are you really a pilot? You sound like somebody who would rather shoot pilots than welcome them!!! :hmm:

Genghis the Engineer
30th Aug 2006, 18:19
For the record, I know Big Flying Rob, and have flown from his strip quite a few times - it's a nice spot with friendly (if often eccentric) people and good clear approaches, he's just got a few slightly dodgy neighbours (like Arsenal FC!) and an enormous (but fortunately friendly) dog. There's even an aircraft museum in walking distance.

As for what can you fly from 350m? Most microlights, most light permit aeroplanes, most smaller taildraggers, all gyroplanes, any helicopter, a Rallye, C150, Maule....

Last I flew over there, the largest hangar had "PPR" painted in huge letters on top - a fair point I'd say for any strip that guards it's privileges, as is insisting that anybody putting a hangar up keeps the local council onside.

G

M14P
30th Aug 2006, 21:50
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/MarkMS/G-RTRTWideLowshotatPophamJuly2006.jpg

More than enough room for this - no hangar required :ok:

bigflyingrob
31st Aug 2006, 07:42
The fire was a faulty fridge and the local are OK if you speak slowly and clearly. Yep I am a pilot. 900 hours, 700 at this strip!
We have had a 182, a Pitts, an Auster and a 65hp Aeronca in so just leave space for the plane lads and leave the ego behind. We had one guy who reconed it was short for an XAIR. After doing a full stop landing, no backtrack and a take off the demo pilot sort of proved otherwise!

LowNSlow
31st Aug 2006, 07:55
BigFlying Rob just a few questions:

Are the approaches clear and flat as I'd use most of the 350m with the ground run?

Could the hangar dimensions be increased slightly as my bird has a 36' wingspan?

Tinstaafl
31st Aug 2006, 18:30
A BN2 Islander is another type that would be able to use the strip.

bigflyingrob
31st Aug 2006, 18:47
BigFlying Rob just a few questions:
Are the approaches clear and flat as I'd use most of the 350m with the ground run?
Could the hangar dimensions be increased slightly as my bird has a 36' wingspan?
23 is fine for miles. 05 has a tree so you do a slight right hander on the approach. Width is easy we can go for 40 feet, its the lack of length you have to watch as it would block the access to the others if it's longer. Do you want to come down at the weekend and have a look?

LowNSlow
1st Sep 2006, 06:59
I can't this weekend but is there anybody there around 6ish in the evenings?

AerBabe
1st Sep 2006, 07:44
Why are you looking to move, LowNSlow? :confused:

chevvron
1st Sep 2006, 08:25
If he's an Arsenal supporter he can't be all bad.