PDA

View Full Version : Nose wheel collapse at Moorabbin

preset
25th Aug 2006, 04:11
Nose wheel collapse on landing at Moorabbin Airport, both pilots OK.

"Two pilots have walked away without a scratch after a "spectacular" crash landing in which their plane skidded along the runway after the nose wheel collapsed.
The two men, aged 42 and 24, who are both licensed pilots, were flying over Port Phillip Bay in the twin-engine light plane when an alarm on the aircraft sounded at 10am.
The pair, who were thought to have been taking part in an advanced flying lesson, alerted air traffic controllers at Moorabbin Airport to the alarm.
The controllers then asked a plane flying nearby to get closer to the light plane to assess the damage, discovering the nose wheel of the smaller aircraft had not fully extended.
The two pilots headed back to Moorabbin Airport in Melbourne's south, where they completed a dramatic crash landing just after 11am."

Full article at the following URL however it may not work tomorrow

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/pilots-unhurt-in-landing-drama/2006/08/25/1156012713104.html

J430
25th Aug 2006, 04:33
What is the go.........sounds like a controlled landing to me, albeit without the full assistance of all landing gear.........but a crash?

Bloody Media .........AGAIN:ugh:

Well done to the pilots!

J:ok:

Sunfish
25th Aug 2006, 06:22
Two engine strips. Two props.

witwiw
25th Aug 2006, 06:39
"The controllers then asked a plane flying nearby to get closer to the light plane to assess the damage, discovering the nose wheel of the smaller aircraft had not fully extended."

i wonder, what did they send out to have a look at 'the smaller' king air in flight?

Dick N. Cider
30th Aug 2006, 11:18
I guess it's old news now but when it happened ABC radio obviously got the work experience kid to throw together a quick story about "...the Beechworth aircraft...":)

Aussie
30th Aug 2006, 13:39
The media just cant help themselves!!!

Aussie