PDA

View Full Version : Kemble weather?

Kiltie
19th Aug 2006, 08:58
Who's setting off for Kemble today? Is it likely to be a washout?

Jumbo Driver
19th Aug 2006, 10:19
I guess those that are going, have gone by now - and those that haven't are just lurking ...

We had planned to go but the TAFs seem to indicate that there WILL be rain on & off, some heavy - a bit like yesterday but maybe not quite so bad. So, with a vintage tailwheel carriage, our thinking became 60/40 against, the 60% prevailed and we haven't gone.

JD

Kiltie
19th Aug 2006, 11:05
We've decided against. If any of you who are going without accomodation organised yet and want a Holiday Inn Express in Swindon tonight I have two rooms booked you are welcome to them. PM me.

BRL
19th Aug 2006, 11:48
Looks ok at the moment Kemblecam (http://www.kemblecam.co.uk/)

javelin
19th Aug 2006, 21:16
Went yesterday evening, got in around 1845, rained, went to beer tent, stopped, put tent up, went to Bigmisters barbeque, fell asleep at midnight, up this morning, no hangover - I knew it was cheap beer - left at 1400, few showers, home and in the pub by 1600 - wonderful time :ok:

Twiddle
20th Aug 2006, 00:19
Bit of rain, bit of lightning, nothing a PPL couldn't fly around, from what I hear, numbers down on previous years, but the kids loved it!!!

egbt
20th Aug 2006, 12:01
numbers down on previous years, but the kids loved it!!!

Went on Friday, rained in for a couple of hours then a quick dash back dodging some serious weather (except in the circuit with some heavy rain).

TAFS and local weather are bound to put a lot of people off, Saturday pm around here was definitely not a place to go flying

Penguina
20th Aug 2006, 18:01
Didn't make it, despite trying for ~16 hours. :sad: