PDA

View Full Version : Replacement licence cover

bcfc
18th Aug 2006, 12:46
My yukky plastic JAR licence cover is falling apart. I looked around the normal pilot shops on the web and I can't seem to find anything.

Anyone know of anything suitable - preferably in leather and a better colour than that dubious brown.

Thanks
-bcfc

Mercenary Pilot
18th Aug 2006, 12:54
Transair do a nice leather cover but it goes over your existing licence. You can get a replacement from the CAA. :ok:

Squealing Pig
18th Aug 2006, 23:57
Once needed to replace my licence cover as a result of a dodgy pen and a hot day. Called the CAA who sent one out 1st class free of charge, however this was 7 years ago so things might have changed now but worth a try.

SP

ChrisVJ
19th Aug 2006, 06:04
Canadian licences are no more than a small piece of paper about 3" x4.5", the medical is similar, however I got a letter from Transport Canada this week telling me that they are introducing a new licence.
So it can carry the pages for upgrades and medicals it will be in passport form and will be provided free of charge in exchange for current scrap. Unfortunately, in order to comply with international agreements and because it will have a picture in it, it will have to be replaced every five years. I wonder how much they can charge us for that? A passport is currently in the order of $85 to renew.

In order not to lose or mangle them I have been carrying around my licence etc in my original ( 1962) British licence cover. (Yes, it was Pooh coloured then too.) Guess that finally will have to go.

bcfc
19th Aug 2006, 07:46
Ah ha! Found one...and a more palatable colour too. ;)

Licence cover (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/caa_ppl_hard_licence_cover_in_blue.pilot.supplies/use.id.5.item_id.2605.dept.142.dept_l2.429.dept_l3.0/)

distaff_beancounter
19th Aug 2006, 18:13
I got a replacement cover from the CAA at the end of last year.

I have still not recovered from the shock of getting something from the CAA - FREE OF CHARGE!!! :)

acuba 290
19th Aug 2006, 20:24
Ah ha! Found one...and a more palatable colour too. ;)

Licence cover (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/caa_ppl_hard_licence_cover_in_blue.pilot.supplies/use.id.5.item_id.2605.dept.142.dept_l2.429.dept_l3.0/)

the one i have, very nice one:);)

Jinkster
19th Aug 2006, 23:07
Have they got any blue leather covers :E