PDA

View Full Version : Expenses

gcolyer
15th Aug 2006, 15:18
I often go away for business and i claim all my expenses. My company are willing to pay back aircraft hire expenses.

How legal is that on a PPL?

It is not like i am charging for the flight and the company are not charging for the flight...actualy they pass on the travel and substinance cost to the customer.

If i can legaly get away with then what a result.

Mike Cross
15th Aug 2006, 16:02
Read Article 161 of the ANO (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=226)
161 (1) Subject to paragraph (2), a flight shall be deemed to be a private flight if the only
valuable consideration given or promised in respect of the flight or the purpose of the
flight other than:
(a) valuable consideration specified in article 157(3)(c); or
(b) in the case of an aircraft owned in accordance with article 162(2), valuable consideration which falls within article 162(3);
is the payment of the whole or part of the direct costs otherwise payable by the pilot in command by or on behalf of the employer of the pilot in command, or by or on behalf of a body corporate of which the pilot in command is a director, provided that neither the pilot in command nor any other person who is carried is legally obliged, whether under a contract or otherwise, to be carried.
(2) If valuable consideration specified in article 157(3)(c) is given or promised, the flight shall for the purposes of Part 3 of this Order other than articles 19(2) and 20(2)) be deemed to be for the purpose of public transport.

gcolyer
15th Aug 2006, 16:15
Is that a no then?

legal speech and me don't get on.

S-Works
15th Aug 2006, 16:37
In English the answer is YES you can as long as you are not REQUIRED to carry out the flight.

I have expensed my business flights for years.

Legalapproach
15th Aug 2006, 17:18
Yes, there is no problem with reclaiming the direct costs of a flight as you would for the use of a private car

gcolyer
15th Aug 2006, 17:23
Excellent.

Fuji Abound
15th Aug 2006, 18:58
No problem at all - and with the full blessing of the Revenue as well - although you may want to agree a rate with them first - it saves any complications.

ormus55
15th Aug 2006, 20:06
just use a credit card solely for all your company business expenses only. then give them the bill every month.
used to work ok for me some yrs ago at B.O.C.