PDA

View Full Version : InterCockpit

ask26
24th Aug 2005, 14:25
In addition to the 4 offered here in the UK and Jerez, does anyone know much about the foreign ones such as

Scandinavain Aviation Academy - about £50000 all in
Intercockpit (Lufthansa) ??

who also seem to do the full thing. Do you need to speak their languages and are they as good as anything offered over here, and are there others that people know of which are as good.

The SAA one seems good for the price and includes a lot more multi time than any other course I've seen so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Hairy Chest
25th Aug 2005, 16:00
Intercockpit (Lufthansa) ?? STAY AWAY from them. They are NOT Lufthansa but just use the brand name and the offices of LFT in Frankfurt.

Better to do it in Australia, dont know if you want to travel so far.
But http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au/ has a great JAA course.

ask26
25th Aug 2005, 18:39
Did you train with WAAC and if so how was it?

I know they've just launched their course but would like to know if someone has been trained by them and what it was like.

BillieBob
26th Aug 2005, 15:14
Nobody has yet completed the WAAC integrated ATPL course, I don't know that anyone has even started it. It's therefore difficult to understand how anyone other than the WAAC marketing department can say that it's a "great JAA course".

newbie008
15th Apr 2006, 18:41
what does everyone think about this intercockpit course advertised on here? has anyone done the first officer programmes?

no sponsor
15th Apr 2006, 18:46
At the very least, make sure you get your 6 take-off and landings in the actual aircraft. Without these you cannot put the type in your licence.

rayden1206
23rd May 2006, 08:20
Dear All

Does anybody know anything about the subsidiary of Lufthansa Flight Training named Intercockpit. The have a fleet in Zadar Croatia of DA20 DA40, FNTP II and ME piper Baron I think, and they use Bristol GS.

I ve been there with my son (who is going to be the pilot), passed this entry test they require. They charge 65000Euro for training including everything. And with accommodation and exams registry and laptop it is a final payment of approximatelly 75000Euro. Then the only thing to pay is food. And they dont require German Language, just English.

But does it worth it? It seem too me to cheap for an intergrated course, and I ve seen their system of combination between computer based training and classroom lessons. Is that effective or is just a so called "innovation" in order to reduce the training costs and increase company's profit?

We have another option to go for a modular course near home. But I dont know yet.

Anyway. Does anybody know anything about INTERCOCKPIT?

Regards

Dr. Ray

TRY2FLY
24th May 2006, 17:56
I ve been there with my son (who is going to be the pilot),

If you're only 25 and your son has already passed their entry assessment he must be a child genius . Think saw a thread in Jet Blast some time back about Air China and child pilots :E

On a serious note though I've been looking at Intercockpit myself but the cost seems too good to be true :confused:

rayden1206
24th May 2006, 20:52
I am 55 and my son is 25!!!

You thing that there is something fake at intercockpit????

If you heard so please advise!

Best regards

Dr. Ray

ready2roll
25th May 2006, 15:57
Why are you asking these questions if you have already been to Intercockpit?? Surely if you have been there you would have found out what Intercockpit is all about.
I suggest you:
a) Call them and ask the questions or
b) Check their web site

The African Dude
25th May 2006, 16:08
Ready2roll, it's quite clear that the information he is looking for is from those with experience of Intercockpit, and their Caveats or otherwise.

AD

Clandestino
26th May 2006, 21:28
Nothing fake at intercockpit! Planes are well maintained, weather is fine all year around, instructors are quite solid international bunch and their students don't have problems getting a job... with FlyNikki and Sun Express. Also heard rumors some got to Air Berlin and Germanwings but these I can't confirm.

Errrmmmmm... 65 K€ for integrated course is cheap? Sorry but that's total amount I've earned since I started flying professionaly 5yrs ago. Lucky me I didn't have to do my fATPL at IC. Costwise, not qualitywise.

rayden1206
27th May 2006, 06:34
65K Euro is cheap. Most of other flight schools require more!. Oxford,Cabair in UK 90000Euro, Swiss air aviation training 75.000, Norwegian aviation college 78000....

So CLANDESTINO you think is better to go for training costwise or quality wise??? Or at last the 200Hour quality is nothing at all and is better to be in a cheap route which means you ll learn thing later on career.

Clandestino
27th May 2006, 19:59
I apologise for my bad english & poor-to-medium written communication skills, what I ment to say is:

A) Intercockpit is decent quality school, your son will loose nothing by enrolling in it. IC will prepare him very well for future airline career.

B) With today's pilot salaries don't expect your son to be able to pay back amount spent on training anytime soon. 5 yrs grace period would be nice.

Hope this helps

rayden1206
27th May 2006, 23:24
Dear Clandestino.

By going to Intercockpit there is no loss except 20.000 Euro more, which is the difference of doing an Intergrated course in our country near home. This difference comes out of the accommodation and the training cost difference between the cheaper school in Greece and Intercockpit.

The problem is that in the end, does Intercockpit worth it this difference??? The airlines will see the difference between Intercockpit student and other students or this is just for Fly Nikki and Sun Express.

20.000 difference is a lot. It could be spent on Jet Orientation Course, Flight Instructor, or Type rating.

I dont Know if going to a school with a good name and Lufthansa in behind worth that 20.000. In the end it is the same licence.

...and nobody can help.

Thanks to all!!!
Thank you Clandestino!!!

P.S. Any more advise would be much appreciated.

Dmax
19th Jun 2006, 20:25
Hi folks,

I would like to know your impression on Intercockpit Type rating courses. It seems they are very good and supply optimum training (lufthansa standard).
Is there somebody rated by Intercockpit?
I'm interested in the 737 Classic+NG type rating course.
How is the situation for a low hour 737 type rated? I know that many many airlines are looking for pilots with experience on the type but is there any chances for a young 300 hours total time?

Thank you for the future help,

Regards
Davide

Me-Uk
20th Jun 2006, 14:04
----------

Dmax
20th Jun 2006, 14:06
Could you be more precise?:}

Thanks
Davide

An2
20th Jun 2006, 15:01
Hi Dmax!

I finished up my rating over a year ago, and only had one single sniff of a job. I was close to getting an interview, but not anything more than that.
Culprits being low TT (625TT 280ME), and no time on type.
Usually the minimum time requirements are 1000TT (at the very least) and 500 on type.

So, I would strongly advice against going for a rating on 737, or A-bus for that matter.

An2

Left Wing
20th Jun 2006, 15:51
search for airlines offereing a self funded type rating...this way the airline will hire you after you pay them for the TR.

sam34
20th Jun 2006, 17:16
Soory it is not about a type rating but just Intercockpit.

So, do you know this school ? they seem very helpfull to the students! they not guarante a job ( I think nothing is garanted in the life...) but they help student to find a job, intercockpit makes the difference, doesn't it ?
How many schools help their students pilot in Europe ? 3 or 4 ?
I'm i France and none school help us, so I have to go to an other country...
I know Oxford, but it is for Integrated, modular avoid it!
I know too Flight training europe, but they stop modular course
and...Intercockpit, they offer modular course.

how do you think about it ?

Whaledog
20th Jun 2006, 17:17
Please......
Remember the Number one reason these type rating places are in business is to TAKE/GET your money. They are not there to help you at all.
They all blow smoke to get your $$$.
And Wow,I must be out of touch with the hiring in the Eu If sub 3,000 pic is an entry level...B737 job.
Here in the states. 2,000 hour gets you a job asking " do you want to super size that",:rolleyes:
And you'd make more $$ at the fast food place than swinging gear for $30/hr.
Most of the new hire fo's i'm flying with have 7,000+ large/heavy time
I wish you good luck, everyone was low time at some point.

sam34
21st Jun 2006, 06:27
hello!

Are there any ex-students from Intercockpit ?
I wonder if they reallye help their students to find a job...

boogie-nicey
21st Jun 2006, 09:06
Whaledog my friend things are indeed somewhat different here in the Europe regarding recuitment. Yes many get jobs with the right combination of training and experience (on relevant aircraft types) here in UK at least, not all but the lucky few still do.

Anyway back to the thread; Intercockpit are a good setup (as I've heard from a Captain who's a family relative) however not aware that they really help you find a job anymore than other TRTOs. I have nevertheless noticed a 'job engine' kind of thing on their website so maybe they can help to certain extent. Beware though this might only be effective for German speakers i.e. Germans, Austrians and a couple of locales in neioghbouring regions.

Anyway good luck.

Never Down
21st Jun 2006, 10:01
Ciao, I've done my TR to other TRTO, and I requested to intercockpit to help me to get a line training, but they called me explaining that they cannot help me.:{

Look for other....

boogie-nicey
21st Jun 2006, 10:30
When they don't specify nor mention Line training on their website or course documentation then why and how could they help you get line training? Come on my friend there's no easy short cuts in aviation. Maybe keep your type rating 'tucked away' not to help you land your first job directly on to a jet but to prove to another employer that you have the ability to operate such level of aircraft. Then once you build time and experience within the airline you could apply to the fleet of your type rating.... do you see what I'm trying to get at? We would all like to go straight onto our chosen aircraft type but whilst we're waiting to do that maybe we can have 2 avenues to attack the problem.

Best of luck my friend.

sam34
21st Jun 2006, 10:51
boogie nicey,

you think intercockpit helps only german speakers, so english is not sufficient ?

boogie-nicey
21st Jun 2006, 12:32
No, no my friend, I just felt that 'perhaps' there might be a bias towards German speaking airlines which are also coincidently local to the area of where Intercockpit is located.

I speak English and one non-European laguage but I'm still planning to go there but don't depend on Intercockpit to beat a path for you top your first job that's all. I'm sure they'll help as much as they can but with every organisation there is only so much they can practically do.

Good luck ....:ok:

Left Wing
22nd Jun 2006, 09:29
Guys do not pay TRTO for a TR...pay an airline for it who will then hire you in exchange.

The airline does not benefit if you get your TR from a TRTO, airlines like you even more if you pay them for it.

Dmax
22nd Jun 2006, 09:38
Left wing, it's too easy to say that! Tell me what airline employ after the TR! No one! If it was so, why there are a lot of guys on the ground?

I don't think that if I attend a type rating course with SAS or with Iberia or others they will offer me a job.....

Davide

PPL152
14th Aug 2006, 15:31
Hello, I'm consdering this school also.. and I was wondering if anyone has any information about their course. It states the cost is 80k euros... quite competitive...

MarcoFF
14th Aug 2006, 16:09
Hello,

Im 19 years old guy in Finland, and planned intercockpit as well. Im going to infoday on october, then i should now more ( i hope).
Is here anyone who is there or maybe already finished intercockpit flight school?

PPL152
14th Aug 2006, 17:27
Make sure u let us know how that goes!

MarcoFF
14th Aug 2006, 17:35
Make sure u let us know how that goes!

Sure, i would go sooner, but this damn finnish defence forces dont give me holidays:*

TRY2FLY
19th Oct 2006, 09:42
Im going to infoday on october
ANY UPDATES ???

MarcoFF
20th Oct 2006, 14:48
ANY UPDATES ???

Not yet, wait my friend:= .
27th i go there, and i will update after that! Hope there is lot of information offered.

skipintro
21st Oct 2006, 12:17
I was in Zadar last year for an instructor course,
the first impression was good , good plane nice maintenece, nice weather,
but I have to say they are absolutely disorganised. The estimated time for the course was 4 weeks amd we end with 4 month.
Sameone left the course. A lot of complain, they arrange accomodation with local people , so no hep at all, eaven to find an house. Instructors somethimes strike!! for very strange reason, and they have not idea how to do the sillabus. I.E on the instructor course you have to do Spins, everibody know that, but they discover when the course was finished and they just tell us, go somewere ,do the spins and came back for the exams.
Absolutely shocking.

MarcoFF
1st Nov 2006, 16:52
Finally i visited them on frankfurt airport, i tell shortly how did it go like i promised.

Firts of all, everything looked well organized. Place was nice, lot of lufthansa people around.
Zero to atpl price is 64,900€, + accommodation in frankfurt (5800€ 10 months) and in Zadar (2000€ 5 months).
About the employment, they said that 97% of their students has find jobs in airline network (in this moment: Lufthansa Cityline, Air Berlin, Contact Air, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, Ausburg Airways, SunExpress, Freebird, Fly Niki). About half of them requires to know german language. Oh yea, and they are working on few big fish ;)
Please ask if u wanna know something, feel free to send pm too! I will answer weekend if i have holidays.

Isnt here any person who is now studying on intercockpit?

MainDude
9th Nov 2006, 00:09
Isnt here any person who is now studying on intercockpit?

I'm about to sign for the modular theory course. I know some guys at the local aero-club that trained with them & were quite happy.

A friend of mine who is a training captain from LH Cityline said that they were impressed with the facilities, and thought I wouldn't be wasting my money if I continued my training there. That was six months ago, I intend to give him a call in the next couple of weeks - will let you guys know.

The dude...

wilcoluca
15th Jan 2007, 12:28
Hi,

I would like to hear from somebody who has experience of this feature offered from Intercockpit to all people who have completed a Type Rating course.

Is it really effective?
Is it worth to complete a TR with them?

Thanks for your help!

wilcoluca
17th Jan 2007, 06:37
So, no one did it???

TRY2FLY
20th Feb 2007, 18:41
Me thinks Intercockpit is somewhat of an unknown quantity :confused:

pex
28th Feb 2007, 00:43
Hi people,
Has anyone taken the GAPF test required to join Intercockpit. It seems that this test is more difficult compared to the PILAPT or COMPASS test methods used in the U.K.
I would like to hear from peoples experiences

Cheers.

MainDude
5th Mar 2007, 07:39
Hi,

The gapf test is not that difficult if you're reasonably intelligent, a nice person, and able to work in a team. It's got a lot to do whether you're suited to becoming a pilot. There's little you can do if you aren't up to it.

The test is made up of 3 parts, an intelligence test, a motor skills test and then a personality test. In the intelligence and motor skills test, your ability to concentrate is also tested. The personality test is quite varied, but so some extent tests to see what you'll do if you're stressed/tired, whether you the type who likes to argue, which is dangerous in a cockpit. Remember there are maps in a plane, so there are going to be arguments :-)

Either way, there's not that much preparation that you can put into it, other than a few hours of ms flight sim and a good night's sleep the days before the gapf test.

Good luck!
K

eliasg17
5th Apr 2007, 14:06
Hi,
I would like some opions for intercockpit in frankfurt...is it a good school?
regards

TRY2FLY
5th Apr 2007, 16:04
There are several threads on this already . See below or try this link http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239000

From what I gather steer clear

phantomcruiser07
28th Jun 2007, 12:30
does n e one know if the ATPL theory is class room based or distant learning at intercockpit?

BobC
29th Jun 2007, 14:48
From the Intercockpit web site ". . . training program which combines computer-based training, e-education and classroom training . . ."

http://www.intercockpit.de/

phantomcruiser07
30th Jun 2007, 12:39
sounds to me like classroom theory is only a small part compared to other residential full time providers of ATPL theory

and bristol gs theory is mainly computer, e learning etc based and only a small part class room based

MainDude
2nd Jul 2007, 08:32
I'm at Intercockpit, and as mentioned above they do use the Bristol GS notes, which are mostly very good.

Generally at Intercockpit we have 4-5 weeks 'self study phase', followed by an internal test, then 2 weeks fulltime lectures 'classroom phase'. The cycle repeats itself over the 9 month 'Theory Phase' after which you should be ready to take the German LBA (JAA) exams.

I find the theory/classroom mix to be adequate as most of the material needs to be learned off by heart. From my point of view, the understanding part is more than adequately covered in the lectures.

Hope this answers the question, if not PM me...

Hsifalcon
30th Jul 2007, 03:16
Any information about the A320 type rating course at intercockpit is greatly appreciated as I am planning to do it at this school in the near future. Thanks a lot

a737
29th Apr 2009, 16:33
Dear maidude,why you have to do practice in ms flight simulator?Especially if you are going there to get the gapf test for an ab initio program(so you are unexperienced generally).

PLEASE GIVE US more information about that because i will take the gapf test in few days,so if you can give us as more as you can.

***please answer anyone who taken this gapf test