PDA

View Full Version : SEP re-validation question

acuba 290
13th Aug 2006, 00:19
i live in Germany at the moment and have JAA-PPL from UK. Wenn after 2 years my SEP expires and i have 12h and 1h training flight, is it possible to put in PPL revalidation in Germany or loogbok must be sended to London every 2 years for that?

Keygrip
13th Aug 2006, 02:38
The UK CAA will accept the signature of an LBA JAA examiner - no problem.

Ensure the rating is signed BEFORE midnight on the day of expiry - and that the German examiner sends the paperwork to the UK CAA for your records to be updated.

Jinkster
13th Aug 2006, 08:17
Sounds le-git to me - we're all part of one happy country now... ;)

acuba 290
13th Aug 2006, 08:34
don't checked jet, but in Germany there is no need to send papers to LBA to prolong SEP:confused:

Mike Cross
13th Aug 2006, 11:23
Just part of the wonderful world of common rules that are not commonly applied.

JAR's require you to have done the necessary but make no stipulations as to how it is to be recorded. CAA is more prescriptive. The revalidation requirement is not dissimilar to the the 3 take-offs and landings in 90 days to carry passengers rule. No laid down requirement about how this is to be recorded, nor any requirement for an instructor or examiner signature, it's left to your own common sense to record number of landings if you do them all in one flight, however the UK CAA has heaped a raft of additional requirements on in the case of your revalidation flights. They just can't resist adding their own embuggerance factors to what's been agreed internationally.

acuba 290
13th Aug 2006, 11:36
so i need to send my loogbok to CAA every 2 years anyway?:uhoh:

Keygrip
13th Aug 2006, 12:52
No, you do not need to send your logbook to the CAA (ever) for revalidation or renewal.

Get your rating page (FCL150) signed in your licence before midnight on the day of expiry of the rating - then get the examiner who signed it to complete http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1119.PDF and mail it to the CAA (with NO FEE!!) for the authority to update your records on their computer.

Game over.

By the way: I fly every year with three different German pilots who are based in the USA. Every one of them brings the German paperwork (almost identical) with them, downloaded from the internet, to mail to the LBA after our flight(s).

Whopity
13th Aug 2006, 20:42
As a point of interest the UK CAA did not want to collect revalidation data but were told by the JAA that they had to do so. I believe that other States were told the same. Germany is unique in that the National Authority did not administer private pilots pre JAA.

acuba 290
13th Aug 2006, 21:38
well, please can somebody just explain me complete from beginnig all procedure? Lets say it will be my 23th Mounth and soon i need to prolong my SEP. What exactly i need for that and in which order?
(live in Germany and Estonia, both JAA countries and have PPL from UK CAA)

Mike Cross
13th Aug 2006, 22:17
Download LASORS from this page (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1591) and save it on your hard disk. It's produced by the UK CAA so should give you the right answer.

Keygrip
13th Aug 2006, 22:30
acuba - you answered your own question when you posted it.

12 hrs inc 1 dual in last 12 months - then paperwork as already described twice.