PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Aptitude Test.

Tjx
11th Aug 2006, 05:32
Hi there every one

I am 21 Year old from New Zealand. I have applied for ATC course with Airways New Zealand. They invited me to attend their aptitude test in auckland on the 07SEP. But i have no idia what type of question they will ask me ( will they ask me work based question??) !! Just woundring if any one out there can help me with that.

This is email i recived from them.

YOUR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL APPLICATION

Thank you for applying to be considered for a place on Airways Air Traffic Control training course to commence in January 2007.

Your application has met the minimum selection requirements and we invite you to sit our ability tests which are the next stage in the selection process. The process will involve sitting 5 tests designed to assess your approach to:

- Working with technical documentation
- Estimating the answers to fractions, percentages and computation questions
- Following a set of coded instructions
- Visualising spatial information and working out how to move things
- Checking information to identify errors

Your testing session will be held at:

Auckland
TBC

Is there any website out there, where i can practice on thses sort of questions? I have no qualification in aviation indutry but have a great passion and can see my self in this line for rest of my life. I play flight simulator and Atc-sim in my spare time and i am quite good at it.

Your email will be much appreciated. Thanx a million guys.

Kirk Biddlecombe
11th Aug 2006, 21:39
Hey,

Sounds similar to NATS and probably most ATC recruitment agencies. Check out the sticky thread titled 'Got a NATS Interview? Read here first'; listed at the top of the forum.

These aptitude tests, basically measure your ability to carry out mental arithmatic, your skills on spatial reasoning/visualisation and symbol/memory tasks nothing too difficult.

Good luck!

Kirk