PDA

View Full Version : Training @ Dunkeswell

RudeNot2
6th Aug 2006, 12:19
Hi All

I am looking to take a holiday down in Somerset for a couple of weeks in September and am looking to continue my PPL training whilst there - probably more opportunity without the three W's (Wife, Work & Wean!).

I have alrady taken three exams (Airlaw, HPL & Aircraft General) and have completed a couple of solo sessions. What "evidence of training" etc would I need to take with me besides my logbook??

I have looked over DSFT's website and they have a PA28-160 which should be comparable to the 181 that I am used to up here - any major differences??

Are there any other schools that operate out of Dunkeswell?

I will be contacting DSFT this week for further information and with a view to booking time with an instructor.

Any other comments would be welcome..

Cheers

Henry Hallam
6th Aug 2006, 12:43
Nice school, I did a C152 to C172 conversion there at the start of this year. Friendly people and instructors.
I think DSFT is the only fixed-wing school on the field apart from Somerset Microlights (who I'm pretty sure can't do full PPL training).
As for evidence you need to take, I would have thought your logbook should be sufficient. The best evidence of training is your standard of flying! Do bring a record of the written exams you've taken though.

RudeNot2
9th Aug 2006, 09:57
Thanks for the reply Henry - Do you fly from Dunkeswell or close by??

Aussie Andy
9th Aug 2006, 10:10
Seem like nice blokes -- at least, they were very helpful when I diverted in there on my way back from Cornwall on Monday this week!

Henry Hallam
9th Aug 2006, 15:20
I fly from EGTU when living at home in Torquay but from EGSC during university term time.

Good luck with your training!