PDA

View Full Version : Clacton & Worthing CTAs

dublinpilot
5th Aug 2006, 12:48
Are the new Clacton & Worthing CTAs shown on a chart anywhere, or will I have to plot all those co-ordinates to see where it is?

A chart would be really helpful.

dp

jabberwok
5th Aug 2006, 17:42
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/WebPix/Clacton1.gif
New sectors are those with a green outline.
Note that this data has been plotted by myself from the AIRAC data so the usual cockup caveats apply.

dublinpilot
5th Aug 2006, 20:24
Thank you.

While I appreciate your efforts to help, without any topography detail it's still a matter of finding the Lat/Long. At least now I now what it should look like when finished though. Thanks for that :ok:

Surely the CAA could put out an AIC showing the airspace, on a map with some topography detail, and showing the airspace in each box?

It was done for the Luton airspace, why not this?

dp

BEagle
5th Aug 2006, 22:54
There is no AIC with any diagram of these new changes.

I have e-mailed the relevant section of the CAA and asked for a chart to be added to the CAA chart update website - as I did for the Bristol and Cardiff chnages.

I have also asked them to confirm that these new CTAs will appear on the imminent Edition 32A 1:500 000 Southern UK VFR chart.

jabberwok
6th Aug 2006, 01:54
Looking at my half mil chart most of those lines already exist. It seems to be more a change of definition than new airspace as these areas are currently shown to be part of the airways system.

Any overland points in the above diagram tie up with the limits of the London TMA.

dublinpilot
6th Aug 2006, 05:53
Thank you all!

bookworm
6th Aug 2006, 07:47
If you look at the UK airspace chart (http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/enr/6_1_4_1.PDF) (which hasn't been updated since 27/10/2005) and compare with jaberwok's plot or the AIP entry it looks (I haven't checked every point) as if the airways east of the London TMA have been incorporated into the Clacton and Worthing CTAs.

It's a pretty poor show that the depiction of airspace in the AIP can't be kept consistent with the textual equivalent.