PDA

View Full Version : Spanhoe?

stiknruda
4th Aug 2006, 13:20
Anyone know the condition of the tarmac?

Thanks

Stik

DubTrub
4th Aug 2006, 14:02
Yes, thanks.:}

The concrete is not perfect, but reasonable with a small, good grass undershoot/extension on 27.

Thinking of the Pitts?

EGBKFLYER
4th Aug 2006, 14:45
Ring Patrick Bryan (aka Mr Spanhoe!) at NSF Sibson - 01832 280289. He should be able to tell you anything you want to know.

Just don't let sell you any hangar cats (he's very good at that!:ok: )

S-Works
4th Aug 2006, 17:50
OUR tarmac is actually concrete and is a littlw worn in places. We laso have a huge mown area to the side of the runway that we use as well and we have a grass runway.

There are plenty of Pitts and far more interesing types that come in and out without any problems. The runway does get swept and is prety much stone free.

It will no doubt feel like your teeth are rattling as you roll over it otherwise feel free to land on the grass.

When are you visiting?

stiknruda
4th Aug 2006, 17:54
I'll be in late am tomorrow, have booked Pitts sized hangarage for Sat. Out Sunday mid am.
So the grass that is available is what side of the hard runway?
Stik

Pitts and far more interesing types

No doubt there are interesting types but far more? :E

S-Works
4th Aug 2006, 18:26
I'll be in late am tomorrow, have booked Pitts sized hangarage for Sat. Out Sunday mid am.
So the grass that is available is what side of the hard runway?
Stik
No doubt there are interesting types but far more? :E

Depends from which end of the runway you are looking!! Easy to choose, one side is corn the other grass. The hangers are on the grass side.

Yes far more interesting, wait until you have visited our humble establishment. The Pitts is indeed a nice aeroplane, best looking model aircraft I have seen.... :E But we do have some funky stuff at Spanhoe.

It does not get the title of best kept secret in aviation for nothing.

I will be around then so come and say hi. You may also be mobbed by young teenagers as its Carls daughters Birthday party in the hanger on Sat night!

stiknruda
6th Aug 2006, 11:17
What a nice friendly place - even if they do let "baby" Porsches run up and down the strip;)

S-Works
7th Aug 2006, 10:16
fortunatly it was the wifes car, I have the big brother......

I am thinking of having my name put down the side of it.......:p

stiknruda
7th Aug 2006, 10:33
In that case you'd better get the motoring equivalent of a DA!

S-Works
7th Aug 2006, 10:45
In that case you'd better get the motoring equivalent of a DA!

Even with a DA it won't get seen from the ground...... Nice lettering work though.....;)