PDA

View Full Version : pulling the ladies!!

newbie008
31st Jul 2006, 10:55
All you pilots - Well known fact that the ladies like a pilot, so just wondering if being a pilot has helped you in this field?? A friend flies for a well known airline and has them flocking after him, just wondering if its the same for you PPL's

Whirlygig
31st Jul 2006, 11:02
Well I haven't had any ladies flocking after me! Wonder why?

Cheers

Whirls

newbie008
31st Jul 2006, 11:18
must be that age! 41 - thats mid-life crisis time! Only joking;)

Flash0710
31st Jul 2006, 11:19
Hanging out in the wrong bars?;)

S-Works
31st Jul 2006, 11:21
Well I haven't had any ladies flocking after me! Wonder why?

Cheers

Whirls

But if you did it would make for a saleable video.....

planeenglish
31st Jul 2006, 11:22
Perhaps she is on the wrong FL...too high too catch!:ok:

Echo Zulu Yankee
31st Jul 2006, 12:36
Nope,

I'd say it doesn't help at all! especially if you are at the local field and about to go for a flight.

Lady: "Sooooo Mr Pilot... what do you fly"
Pilot: "One of those over there *points to Cessna*"
Lady: "......."

Unless anyone has any tips on what aircraft ladies like!

IO540
31st Jul 2006, 12:45
Female cabin staff is a well known fringe benefit on long haul flights, for the pilots. They have it easy because most of the male cabin crew are gay.

It's not as good as it used to be, reportedly, with present day employment laws, although Virgin are said to be still hanging in there, upholding the old standards.

The PPL scene, with its decrepit aircraft and anoraks everywhere is a far cry from the glamour of flying to far away places, for a gurl whose alternative job is a working as a waitress in a coffee bar and who is probably hoping to end up with a bloke with a stable highly paid job.

Flap40
31st Jul 2006, 13:58
I've heard the Virgin Cabin Crew refered to as "Olympic Flames"
...They go all round the world but never go out :eek: :sad: :eek:

Will Hung
31st Jul 2006, 14:05
I tend to find they're more attracted to choppers !!

Whirlygig
31st Jul 2006, 14:08
I agree!

Cheers

Whirls

Chesty Morgan
31st Jul 2006, 14:08
Unless anyone has any tips on what aircraft ladies like!

Pink ones. Or cute ones.......?!

Genghis the Engineer
31st Jul 2006, 14:14
Pink ones. Or cute ones.......?!

Lady passengers (as opposed to lady pilots, who are a quite different breed in my experience) seem to like quiet comfortable ones, that don't have difficult steps in and out, don't smell of hydrocarbons, and offer a good view en-route.

Which eliminates much of GA!

G

AerBabe
1st Aug 2006, 07:55
No kidding, Genghis. I much prefer aircraft that smell of metal, oil and hydraulic fluid.

Genghis the Engineer
1st Aug 2006, 07:58
No kidding, Genghis. I much prefer aircraft that smell of metal, oil and hydraulic fluid.

You realise that if you can find a perfume that smells of that, you'll have the perfect aphrodisiac for most male pilots.

G

AerBabe
1st Aug 2006, 09:16
Yup. My flying instructor used to suggest I dabbed a bit of Avgas behind my ears before a night out!

Unfortunately, although AerBloke comes home some evenings smelling of fuel tanks, that isn't quite so pleasant. :yuk:

Genghis the Engineer
1st Aug 2006, 09:19
Yup. My flying instructor used to suggest I dabbed a bit of Avgas behind my ears before a night out!
Unfortunately, although AerBloke comes home some evenings smelling of fuel tanks, that isn't quite so pleasant. :yuk:

I shall have to consult with my mother on that subject, when she met Genghis Sr. I believe that his job was fitting the fuel tanks into the wings of newly built Supermarine Scimitars.

G

Whirlygig
1st Aug 2006, 09:20
I much prefer aircraft that smell of metal, oil and hydraulic fluid.
And me! preferably to certain Jet Rangers I have flown which are normally used for pipeline inspections - they smell of :yuk: :yuk:

Cheers

Whirls

AerBabe
1st Aug 2006, 16:25
Having seen them at North Weald on many occasions, I'm not surprised!

BlueRobin
1st Aug 2006, 22:09
Hanging out in the wrong bars?;)

Everyone loves a sailor :ok:

BlueRobin
1st Aug 2006, 22:11
All you pilots - Well known fact that the ladies like a pilot, so just wondering if being a pilot has helped you in this field?? A friend flies for a well known airline and has them flocking after him, just wondering if its the same for you PPL's

I see you are posting on wannabes. Is this what will get you through your ATPLs?

Some hosties though... :ooh: :hmm:

newbie008
2nd Aug 2006, 10:43
blue robin i am indeed! I am still pondering whether to go all the way am currently in the process of starting ppl. Dream obviously to fly for BA or Virgin one day but just weighing up the pros and cons and the money!

Mike Cross
2nd Aug 2006, 11:34
Heres a couple of ladies for you to pull
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/images/396x222/emily_florence.jpg
I am still pondering whether to go all the way
Personally I wouldn't, but each to his own;)

Mike

Flash0710
2nd Aug 2006, 11:36
Maybe a new thread idea here......

"Totty you have flown and results ":E

Heh

f

dublinpilot
2nd Aug 2006, 11:41
Mike,

What website are your perusing these days??? :=

dp

Mike Cross
2nd Aug 2006, 15:36
The BBC too racy for you dp?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/characters/emily.shtml

theresalwaysone
2nd Aug 2006, 16:45
Be careful
If it Flys, Floats or F--s always rent it!

newbie008
2nd Aug 2006, 19:07
mike - Explain why you wouldnt?? Not questioning your opinion just wondering why you think i shouldnt?

Maude Charlee
2nd Aug 2006, 20:54
Defo destined for BA this one - humourous remark straight over his head. :rolleyes:

Mike Cross
2nd Aug 2006, 21:43
mike - Explain why you wouldnt?? Not questioning your opinion just wondering why you think i shouldnt?

Well newbie,
1. I find moustaches so tickly
and
2. I don't fancy the one on the right

But please don't let me discourage you if that's what you like.:E

Whirlygig
2nd Aug 2006, 21:50
Ah but Mike, you gotta admit, as ladies go, they have got that little bit extra!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
2nd Aug 2006, 22:30
Hint, Newbie. I wouldn't want to find out how either of them likes their eggs in the morning. :yuk:

newbie008
3rd Aug 2006, 10:49
ok i'll admit i missed that one! Wasnt concentrating! I hope i am destined for BA though i prefer virgin for the hostesses.