PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating providers

menikos
28th Jul 2006, 17:42
Hello guys,

I have a simple question about type rating as in the US you have to go through TSA etc....

Could it possible to have a max of contact about providers of type rating mainly B737, A320 & B1900 (A, B, C, D).

I really thank you for the help.

Messieurs,

je suis à la recherche d'organisme proposant une qualif machine car via les USA il faut passer par la TAS etc...

Serait il possible d'avoir un maximum de contact d'organismes proposant des type rating principalement sur B737, A320 & B1900 (A, B, C, D).

Merci de votre aide.

Lear45XR
29th Jul 2006, 01:44
Hi!

BATC(Bomdardier Aerospace Training Center)
CRJ100/200/700/900
Montreal(www.bombardier.com (http://www.bombardier.com))

CAE
A330/340(A310 not sure if it's still available), B747, CRJ, Dash8
Toronto(www.cae.com (http://www.cae.com))
They also have a lot of training centers in Europe
737-300 Brussels Airbus

Flight Safety
Beech 1900, Dash-8
Toronto

Bon vol!:ok:

menikos
29th Jul 2006, 17:57
Thx my friend, I need to add that I'm not looking for a JAA type rating but a FAA one.

Lear45XR
29th Jul 2006, 21:21
Hey there,

Here are a few things you should consider if you're looking for an FAA type rating.

Regardless of the country in which you receive the type rating, the service provider (training center) needs to be an approved FAR142 center in order to give a US type rating.

This means that if you're looking to do an initial type rating (FAA) on a CL-604 for exemple, even in Canada, you still need to clear the TSA requirements.

Now, if you plan on getting the same type rating on a JAA licence, but in Canada, then the training center needs to be an approved JAA center. The good thing is you don't have to go through the TSA stuff.

FAA type = FAR142 = TSA in the States or elsewhere.

Good luck!:ok:

menikos
29th Jul 2006, 21:52
Hi,

very useful information about the FAA type rating outside the US, didn't know.

mtnflyer
13th Aug 2006, 23:59
try Flight training international in denver,for a be1900 type rating.they do a great job,with very experienced instructors.

JSF1
14th Aug 2006, 11:36
Just to keep this going...do you know the story for ICAO (nz) type ratings? Same story??

Lear45XR
14th Aug 2006, 19:58
Not sure if this question was directed to me or to the starter but here's my answer:

If you want a to add a type rating to a US (FAA) licence you need to clear TSA. Including fingerprints, background checks, DOJ letter...you get the point.

ICAO at large doesn't say anything about background checks, but that doesn't mean a specific country, NZ for exemple, won't require some background checks. Each country is different.

Cheers!