PDA

View Full Version : Renting aircraft in India

trichy_boy
27th Jul 2006, 01:49
Hello,

I'm an Indian expat with FAA PPL (ASEL/AMEL), planning a vacation to India this fall.

I would like to rent a light single and do some flying in the South (Chennai/Bangalore).

Is it as straight forward as in the US (going to a club, showing your driver's license and pilot's license, getting checked out, and providing a credit card for charging) or is it more tedious?

I'd be grateful if someone can illuminate me on the process involved. Also, if there are any tips on good places to rent, that would be deeply appreciated as well.:ok:

Thanks

172driver
28th Jul 2006, 14:34
No idea about renting in India, sorry, replying here only with a suggestion for the Mods.

Might it not make sense to have a sort of 'International Private Flying' forum on here? Posts like trichy_boy's don't get many replies, hence vanish off the first page very quickly. Out of sight, out of mind.

On the other hand, the few replies that DO come in very often are real gems, as I recently discovered in the replies to a thread I started relating to a trip around Portugal.

An 'international destinations' forum might not be the most active, but would surely serve as a repository of the wealth of information on PPRuNe !

BroomstickPilot
28th Jul 2006, 17:58
Yeah, good idea 172driver,

How about it mods?

Broomstick.

BRL
28th Jul 2006, 18:58
I don't think so to be honest, although it is not my decision at the end of the day.

This forum is only here because an airline pilot has to go through a ppl on the way. If it wasn't for that this forum would not be here at all.

172driver
28th Jul 2006, 22:07
Point taken, BRL, but don't airline pilots quite often fly internationally ? ;) ;)

trichy_boy
29th Jul 2006, 00:19
I don't think so to be honest, although it is not my decision at the end of the day.

This forum is only here because an airline pilot has to go through a ppl on the way. If it wasn't for that this forum would not be here at all.
I find 172driver's request very reasonable. Irrespective of someone's status (PPL, CPL, ATP), it is very possible that they would like to do some international private flying, and such a forum would truly help capture the information for the needy.

Please consider the request.

My $0.02