PDA

View Full Version : Deauville St Gatien Landing Fees

brianharding
26th Jul 2006, 22:08
Does anybody have any information about Deauville's St Gatien airport. I am due to visit there in a couple of weeks in a Robin DR400. If you know the landing fees or availability of customs and fuel there I would appreicate the info.

Thanks in advance

Pitts2112
27th Jul 2006, 06:03
Brian,
Can't comment on landing fees but will be able to in a day or two when my mate sends me copies of Bottlang's plates.

As for fuel, that seems very off and on, more off than on. There appears to be a problem in Northwest France with AirBP's supply. Deauville and Dieppe are effected. Le Havre, which is AirTotal, is not. See this thread on Flyer Forum for the latest:

http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24601&sid=81f650226daba44120e371c7d9c2206f

I've sent an e-mail to AirBP asking what the story is but so far no reply.

You can give Deauville Ops a call on 33-231-656-565

Good luck and please share any other info you get on the subject. I'm planning a trip with a few mates in Sep so going through the same process you're going through.

Cheers,
Pitts2112

dublinpilot
27th Jul 2006, 08:43
Can't comment on landing fees but will be able to in a day or two when my mate sends me copies of Bottlang's plates.

Bottlang don't show landing fees in their guides.

dp

Pitts2112
27th Jul 2006, 09:05
Bottlang don't show landing fees in their guides.
dp

Oh, right. OK. Thanks for that, Dublin.

Brian, looks like that's all I'm gonna be able to offer for the time being, until I can get some word from people on the ground in France or at AirBP.

Pitts2112

werewolf
27th Jul 2006, 09:13
Landing fees: domestic arrival: 8e,
arrival from abroad: 15e with free parking less than 1hr, 25e landing + parking for the day, 35e landing + overnight parking. As usual in France, no handling for private flying.
Customs available from 09:00L to 19:00L (0700-1700Z Summer time) without any PPR or PNR. As usual, you won't see any Customs officer !
Avgas: serious problem: to-day 40 litres allowance, serious restrictions expected in a few days, even no avgas delivery, tells me to-day the airport manager.
When Deauville ATC are closed, no problem: transmit blind in French or in Frenglish: Why ? As you know, a French civil airfield or airport is always available from SR-30 to SS+30. So, a lot of aircraft from nearby airfields take advantage of no ATC to have free landings: some ones to tight circuits, anothers shoot ILS approach... microlights, motorgliders and the like ...
As these pilots don't understand English, visitors have to speak and understand little French to know where are the traffics and what there are doing.
Your attention please: Previously when the terminal was closed, visiting pilots and their passengers used to transit from airside to publicside (and in the opposite direction) through the local flying club. Now in France this way is stricly verboten in airfields where there are commercial operations (airlines). All theses airfields are now closed by a 7 foot fence. No discussion, tolerance zero with the bloke in flying club...
Deauville terminal opening hours: 0900-1900L (0700-1700Z in Summer).
So in you land at Deauville after 18:50L, you either sleep in your aircraft, or if
you have enough daylight time, you start up to another field (eg: Bernay).
A Swiss pilot was caught in Deauville a few weeks ago. 911 paranoia ....
Please tell pilots of this problem on other forums.
Updating : Thursday 27 July 06.

brianharding
27th Jul 2006, 13:20
Thanks for the info on Deauville.

At least its cheaper than Le Touquet last week on route to Bernay they charged my 20e, I was only on the ground for 5 minutes!

Bernay's grass strip is really great No ATC, No landing fees, No charge for parking, asked for fuel was allowed 20L due to the supply problems got 25L in the end but you won't get any joy there if you turn up there with empty tanks!

Having just purchased a house near the airfield in Bernay, I intend to fly from the UK to it regularly. Does anybody know if there is a way to get a customs concession to fly direct to Bernay and avoid the need to meet the invisible customs officers at a customs airfield?

Can I get dual citizenship?!?! What is the regulations for french airmen returning from the UK can they give the 2 PNR to french customs as we can returning to the UK?

Also I can route via Dieppe, La Harve, Abbeville, Rouen anybody got any views to the cheapest or best place to stop if I cannot find a way go direct.

werewolf
28th Jul 2006, 08:21
Caen LFRK: Landing fees: 4,34e (for a light aircraft like Robin) (no difference between domestic arrival and EC (eg: UK) arrival. No handling for private flying.
Customs available always with PNR to airport operator (CCi of Caen), phone: 02 31 71 20 13, fax: 02 31 26 01 92. Please never send in France PNR with a flight plan, only to the airport operator or when not possible to the Customs office.
on weekdays: 09:00L- 18:00L PNR 2hours
on Sat, Sun and BH (nearest BH: 15 August, 1°November): 0900L-1200L, 1400L-1800L, PNR the previous day by 1700L. Please note the usual French lunch time break from noon to 2pm local.
Avgas (airBP): 1,73e a litre (plenty of avgas).
Caen is a cheaper alternative to more fashionable airports (L2K, Deauville) ..
Updating: Friday 28th July 2006.

werewolf
28th Jul 2006, 09:38
Dieppe LFAB:
Landing fees: Weekdays: 8,60e, Weekend days (Sat Sun) and BH: 9,20e.
Plus an extra charge when arrival from outside France: 6,30e.
Customs available on PNR 2 hours to the airfield operator, fax: 02 35 84 52 78
=> There is a important point to be known at Dieppe: there is only one staff on this airfield: the AFISO who is also the airfield operator, grassmower, plumber, electrician....
When he decides to mow the grass, or to mend lavatories,... he puts a Notam "next Friday, AFIS not available", or when he goes on holidays for a couple of days, a week, a fortnight, same thing...
For pilots no difference: they use the airfield from SR-30 to SS+30 transmitting blind in French or Frenglish, free of charge when AFIS not available !
For Customs, it is quite different: The PNR faxes are received in the tower, but not read when the the AFISO is not in his tower, Customs are not notified.
As you can guess it, Customs officers turn up when the Afiso is not working to fine innocent and unaware pilots.
The only way is to give a phone call to the Afiso in the tower 02 35 84 14 40. If he answers, send right away your PNR fax. No phone answer, no fax, no Customs clearance.
If need be, fax the previous working day to Dieppe harbour Customs office: 02 35 40 32 01, (phone: 02 35 82 05 62). Keep a copy with you.
This important point about Customs is not indicated on any document. Please tell other pilots.
Avgas (AirBP): price unknown (run out), complete shortage.
Updating: Friday 28th July 2006.

brianharding
28th Jul 2006, 10:29
Cheers werewolf

Who needs a guide to french airfields with you online! I intend to print your comments and use them for future reference.

Once again your knowledge of the local area is very much appreicated

bookworm
29th Jul 2006, 19:48
I visited today. Landing fee including a few hours parking for a PA30 was EUR 40. Customs is available without notice -- but the douanniers don't appear to inspect as a matter of routine. There was no fuel available at all -- as NOTAMed.

The Restaurant de L'Aeroport, upstairs in the terminal, is superb, BTW.