PDA

View Full Version : Wales Lunch Trip

Longbow55
26th Jul 2006, 17:38
Looking for a place to fly to in Wales that serves a fantastic lunch either on the airfield or near by Saturday, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

cirrus01
26th Jul 2006, 19:16
Caernarfon............. I cannot advise about lunch , but their Dakota special breakfast is well worth the trip !

All in all a very nice destination.............we were lucky with weather CAVOK and light and variable wind , temp 28 deg C................well warm enough for a swim .....the beach is just a couple of minutes stroll away.

Orbited over Snowdon , watching the smoke from the steam trains going stright up ! :) :)

Mercenary Pilot
26th Jul 2006, 21:15
Welshpool is a great place to fly to, theres a place to get food on site or just wander up to the local pub..i think its called the compass. (ive not been there for a while though):ok:

gyrotyro
3rd Aug 2006, 07:36
Whatever you do DO NOT even contemplate Swansea, there are no facilities whatsoever.

Though I do hear that a punch in the face is on the menu if you upset the local helicopter instructor. See Rotorhead threads.

Seems that warlike tribes still inhabit the area.

I have some Welsh people with a holiday home near to my house in France, they said they wanted to be treated just like other Brits so I burnt their house down ! (Joke)

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Aug 2006, 07:50
If you flew to Welshpool you could indeed walk the 700m to The Compass for lunch. Which is OK but not special.

Or you could get them to call you a taxi and get taken the 2 miles to Powis Castle where the tea rooms do really nice food. Then walk it off with a stroll around the magnificent gardens for a nice day out. Taxi ride will be about a £5 each way.

Cheers

Whirlygig
3rd Aug 2006, 07:55
Though I do hear that a punch in the face is on the menu if you upset the local helicopter instructor. See Rotorhead threads.

Yes please do see the Rotorheads thread which has, incidently, been closed for very good reasons.

Cheers

Whirls

snips
3rd Aug 2006, 08:39
Whatever you do DO NOT even contemplate Swansea, there are no facilities whatsoever.

All changed now, Cafe's open and doing good food. :ok:
You'll have to redo your W&B before leaving:p