PDA

View Full Version : Which Flying Club?

DiamondPPL
26th Jul 2006, 09:53
Hi

I am a bit new to all this so apologies if I ask something I shouldnt or have posted in the wrong place.

I have just started my PPL - have done 3 hours of a flying start 5 hour package with Cabair at Blackbushe. I am eager to continue with it although cost is a bit of an issue. I am torn between continuing with Cabair at Blackbushe (expensive), trying Redair at Blackbushe (although I think my current instructor is brilliant- but he may be leaving Cabair shortly and they dont have the AA5A which I have been learning on so far), or looking at other airfields in the vicinity eg Fairoaks, Booker etc.

Can anyone offer any good advice?

Many thanks

Squawk 2650
26th Jul 2006, 14:05
I would take a drive round to your local flying clubs and have a chat with people there, instructors and students. Have a sit in the aeroplanes and just find a club that suits.

Make sure the price they give you includes landing fees, written exam and flying exam costs.

Its an awesome thing learning to fly, great fun and a real privilege! Good luck with it all.

S

:cool:

JHM
2nd Aug 2006, 17:34
Has anyone got any experience with Cranfield Flight Training Centre, i'm still trying to figure out who to take my lessons with...Thanks:O