PDA

View Full Version : Kidlington - help required with Air Cadets

AerBabe
26th Jul 2006, 07:43
I think most of you know I'm an officer in the RAFVR(T), working with the Air Training Corps.

I've just transferred Wings and am now installed at 150 (City of Oxford) Squadron. We're struggling with numbers and I'm keen to do my bit to change this. Apparently, the cadets have never been shown around Kidlington, although it's only about 20 minutes up the road. There must be loads of people here that fly from Kidlington ... Are any of you willing/able to show the cadets around, let them have a nose at the aircraft and in the tower? We parade on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which means we could be at Kidlington from 1930 to 2100 (although we could get there earlier if we gave the cadets warning). Alternatively, we could come at a weekend.

Sedbergh
26th Jul 2006, 12:44
Pls check PM's

airborne_artist
26th Jul 2006, 15:46
AB - check yr PMs.

Have you spoken to the guys that run Kidlington? Seemed pretty helpfull when I rang them about a fairly whacky idea I was exploring.

AerBabe
27th Jul 2006, 07:44
Kidlington Squadron?

For a week I was going to be their next CO! Long story, very complicated ... I did speak to them about the airport, but I want more than they can offer!

airborne_artist
27th Jul 2006, 09:11
Kidlington Squadron?

No, I meant the owners of Oxford International Airport.

AerBabe
27th Jul 2006, 09:21
I've emailed ... will phone next week if no response.

What's this whacky idea then?

airborne_artist
27th Jul 2006, 09:34
The whacky idea was nothing to do with the ATC! I was hoping to use Weston as a DZ for a jump from a DC-3, using Kidlington as the mounting airfield.

WoG were having none of it, being RAF-owned..., so I managed to find an RN owned airfield that was used as a D-Day mounting airfield. RN were quite happy with the idea. RAF just looked for the -ve.

chevvron
27th Jul 2006, 09:40
I'm amazed you can't get the number in 150 Sqdn, but I suppose the city is well served by squadrons, what with Blackbird Leys and Kidlington too. When I was in the wing, 150 was the biggest squadron. Who's your wingco; still PH or has he moved on? If he's still there, he's a great guy for helping out; I know from experience at 1811.