PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else starting at EUROCONTROL in November?

GrantusMaximus
25th Jul 2006, 13:15
I have just been told that I passed the interview on the 13th July and if I pass the medical they would like me to start in November. I cant believe my luck, I am so happy!

I was just wondering if there is anyone else on here that is starting then too.

Also, if I do start in November it would mean leaving university, which I am not too happy with, but an opportunity like this I must grab with both hands and not let go. Has anyone else been in a similar situation to this and what are peoples views on this?

Kirk Biddlecombe
25th Jul 2006, 16:15
Might be. Am currently in the process of getting my application together for Eurocontrol - been kept so busy from work that I've hardly had time! But I've also applied to DFS and have had a response. I need to organise when I can get to the DFS academy to check it out in August.

Well done for getting through! I was at Uni, and although I got turned down by NATS on my first attempt, had I been accepted I would have definately gone for ATC over Uni, so I think if you really want to do this then it's a great opportunity - not to be be missed!

Good luck!

Kirk

GrantusMaximus
26th Jul 2006, 00:44
Hi kirk,

Firstly best of luck with your application. If you want to ask any questions I will try to help you.

I sent my application to eurocontrol in December 2005 and because I had to miss one of the dates I am 2 months behind others that would have applied so you are looking at maybe 4 months from sending your application form off to the interview stage. So fingers crossed and you get in you may start next year.

Grant

fourthreethree
26th Jul 2006, 08:22
Probably stating the bleedin obvious here....but have you mentioned to them you would prefer to finish your degree first? I am sure they could defer your entry to a later ab initio. They are human beings at Eurocontrol, well most of the time at least!

Whatever happens, good luck with it, and I'll see you there :ok: (I finished my training several yrs ago btw....and if I can do it anyone can :O )