PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Crossley RIP

Honey Monster
24th Jul 2006, 16:35
Kevin will have been well known to many former CATC students. He was the pilot.

http://www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk/display.var.846686.0.flight_tragedy_investigation.php

terrain safe
24th Jul 2006, 19:24
Deep sympathy to Kevins family. Have known him for some 20 years and whenever I bumped into him at CATC he always had time for a good chat and a gossip. The world of ATC is a poorer place...

Captain Spunkfarter
24th Jul 2006, 19:51
Very sad news indeed. An excellent instructor and genuine good guy. He will be sadly missed by all.

My thoughts go to the families involved.

mps12
24th Jul 2006, 20:01
Very shocked to hear the news. Kevin was a fine guy and well liked at the college. I cannot begin to imagine what the families of those involved are going through. Rest assured everyone's thoughts are with them all during this incredibly difficult time.

Wee Jock McPlop
24th Jul 2006, 20:27
So sorry to read this sad news. Kevin was one of the instructors at the college when I transitioned across from the military. He was friendly, helpful, informative and thoroughly professional at all times during my time there and helped me no end. My sincere condolences to his family and my thoughts are with them. RIP Kevin.

WJMcP

Hold Short
24th Jul 2006, 20:59
Don't really know what to say. Heard a "little rumour" this morning, but wasn't sure whether it was true or not. Really shocked and saddened to hear it's true. Kevin was one of those people at the college who really made our time there an easier and more enjoyable experience. He really did make a difference and will be sorely missed.

Scuzi
24th Jul 2006, 21:00
A great guy and an instructor who always managed to keep my confidence up no matter how bad my run was. Truly one of the genuinely nice guys. He will be missed by many.

Condolences go out to his family at this difficult time.

RIP Kevin.

Someone_Else
24th Jul 2006, 21:20
Awful news, my condolences to his family and friends.

He was a great man and instructor and will be missed.

Inverted81
24th Jul 2006, 22:37
I heard the news and as many hoped the rumour was not true. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. Whilst being trained by Kevin, his enthusiasm for aviation in general was infectious. A truly great person and instructor.
Our thoughts are with his family and all those at Hurn where he will be so greatly missed.

God bless

Honey Monster
24th Jul 2006, 23:02
http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/BrowsePhotos.jsp?collid=134814241133&UV=638532078697_365904241133

Kevin at my retirement "do"

16 June 2004

Reg Ford

shlittlenellie
24th Jul 2006, 23:24
I rented Kevin's Seneca years and years ago and he was an absolute gentleman; just asking for a cheque to be left in the aircraft once I was done. Bournemouth's aviation scene will be left poor in his absence. My thoughts are with his family.

ADIS5000
25th Jul 2006, 08:06
Tragic news. Kevin was a truly nice guy and a top instructor. My graduation from the college was due in no small amount to his assistance, wise words and encouragement. A tragic loss of a warm hearted individual and an enthusiastic aviation professional. Condolences and thoughts at this terrible time to the families invloved.

Kindest Regards, ADIS

mickrobbo
25th Jul 2006, 08:29
Condolences to Kevin's family, he was a great guy and instructor who was well respected....

bagpuss lives
25th Jul 2006, 11:46
Absolutely dreadful news. Deepest sympathies to all concerned.

HeathrowDictator
25th Jul 2006, 11:57
I can only echo everything that's been said. Kevin was one of my favourite instructors when I did my Aerodrome and Radar Courses at NATS as he was such a top bloke. Sincere condolencies to his close friends and family.

-HD-

Honey Monster
25th Jul 2006, 12:05
A little more information from today's local paper

Reg

http://www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk/display.var.847689.0.familys_flight_death_horror.php

nnelgcta
25th Jul 2006, 14:00
Just to say the same as most. One of the really good instructors who was always there to help and support especially for me through NAG. A real tragedy. My sincere condolences.

foghorn
25th Jul 2006, 14:27
I heard the rumour on Sunday, I was hoping it wasn't true.

Kevin was my mentor during my time at college, an excellent instructor and a great guy to boot. RIP.

tired-flyboy
25th Jul 2006, 14:33
Just another note to add to the sentiments that others have said.

Kev always had a friendly Hello to say in the corridors of Hurn, and even though i wasn't on the aerodrome/approach side, he would always ask how you were doing as he passed you.

A truely nice guy who will be missed by all who knew him.

Deepest sympathy to his family.

niknak
25th Jul 2006, 14:57
Lost for words.

RIP Kev.

sky_high
25th Jul 2006, 16:26
A friend who will be missed, an aviator of note, a quiet mannered gentleman. Thank you Kev for making this world a better place in life. Prayers and thoughts are with your family and friends; your departure has left a void in all our lives.

aluminium persuader
25th Jul 2006, 21:13
Knew Kev on & off for c15 years. Very, very sad.

Godspeed.

ap.

25th Jul 2006, 22:23
as everyone has said...he really was a great guy, had the pleasure of working with him at bournemouth then after being trained by him at the college. an extremely sad time for all, my thoughts and prayers 2 the family of both

Bern Oulli
26th Jul 2006, 07:40
I worked with Kevin both as a fellow instructor at CATC and when doing some famil at Bournemouth Airport. I've also flown with him. I echo all that others have said about him and I'm still trying to come to terms with the news. One of aviation's great enthusiasts. My sympathies to all.
Pedro

slowclimber
26th Jul 2006, 07:58
Nothing I can add that's not already been said. A top instructor and a great guy. Shocking news. RIP Kevin.

Shine On
26th Jul 2006, 09:26
I worked with Kev for several years before he defected to the other side!!
A guy who truely understood the meaning of early go's! A good friend and colleague. My sincere condolences to his family and to those who had the pleasure of knowing him. A great great shock.
Off to ride that Hog in the sky now Kev. God bless.

Nuisance
26th Jul 2006, 09:53
Kevin was truly one of life's lovely people- an open, generous, enthusiastic guy who always had time to help at the college. He was instrumental in my passing the approach course. Terrible news and a great shock. Thoughts and sympathy to his family, and to all at CATC, where I know he will be terribly missed.

RIP Kevin,
Zoe

2 sheds
26th Jul 2006, 11:04
Such a pleasant, easy-going chap and all-round aviation enthusiast. Sincere condolences to the nearest and dearest of both men and to friends and colleagues at Bournemouth Airport ATC and CATC.

Pilgrimpete
26th Jul 2006, 21:34
A gentle guest,a willing host,
Affection deeply planted-
It's strange that those we miss the most
Are those we take for granted.
Betjeman
Kev was simply one of the nicest and most helpful guys.
A terribly sad time.

commencenowdescend
28th Jul 2006, 11:15
A truly great friend and colleague, a very sad time for all of us at Bournemouth ATC. Worked with him for over 10 years before he "defected" to the college, always helpful and friendly and a joy to be with. Great trainer and aviator. Tremendous to see through the previous threads that he made so many new friends over the road.

Kev we shall all miss you
RIP

Lady Monk
31st Jul 2006, 20:30
Only saying what so many others have already said but Kevin will be sorely missed in the aviation world, both in ATC and private flying.

Having known him both as an instructor at the college and as a faithful Yak lover at Compton Abbas my heart goes out to his family, friends, colleagues and students he has left behind.

Pilgrimpete: I couldnt have put it better myself!

RIP Kevin

GWYN
1st Aug 2006, 19:25
I have been away for a couple of weeks and log-on to find this.

I first met Kevin in 1992 when I used the Seneca he operated (VG) for my twin rating. I then went on to regularly fly that aircraft and a good part of the reason for travelling all the way to Bournemouth to fly was Kevin's helpful, fair and friendly approach to operating it. When the time came a few years later, after getting to know each other a bit better, for me to need help with a reference, he was eager and unstinting in his wish to help. Indeed it was only due to that reference that I was accepted into a job in ATC. As time passed we lost contact but I caught up with him a couple of years ago and we stayed in the terminal drinking coffee and chattering just about until we were kicked out.

I am truly shocked to hear of his death and sincerely send condolences to his family. A really friendly, fair bloke; the sort that ATC and aviation needs more of.

RIP Kevin.

Honey Monster
3rd Aug 2006, 20:57
Kevin's Death Announcement from the Bournemouth Daily Echo 3 August

CROSSLEY
KEVIN STEWART

On 22nd July 2006, tragically aged 49 years.

A very much loved partner to Tina, father to Natalie and brother to Barry and Linda. He will be greatly missed by all his family and friends. A loss that cannot be replaced.

Private cremation has taken place. A service of thanksgiving for Kevin's life, where all are welcome, will be held on Sunday 13th August at 1pm at Parley Manor, Parley Green Lane, (next to Parley Golf Centre).

No flowers but donations towards a memorial for Kevin made payable to Nicholas O'Hara Donations Account and sent to
Nicholas O'Hara Funeral Directors,
38 Rowlands Hill, Wimborne. BH21 1AW.
Tel. (01202) 882134.

Honey Monster
6th Aug 2006, 23:21
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/latestnews/display.var.866526.0.tributes_paid_to_quiet_and_brilliant_av iator.php

Barcli
7th Aug 2006, 09:12
I am still struggling with this.
My wife and I have known kevin for over 20 years.
regrettably I will be 3000 miles away on Sunday - but I will be in a church at 1 pm. My thoughts are with you all.
God bless mate.
have a beer with Bill Booth mate.

Honey Monster
14th Aug 2006, 21:33
http://www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk/display.var.876954.0.flypast_in_memory_of_a_popular_pilot.ph p (http://www.thisisbournemouth.co.uk/display.var.876954.0.flypast_in_memory_of_a_popular_pilot.ph p)

The picture of the flypast at the bottom of the article can be clicked to open it up a bit.

After the flypast, Kevin's daughter scattered his ashes from a Cessna overflying the Memorial site.