PDA

View Full Version : Good flying video (and fab music too..)

wsmempson
22nd Jul 2006, 10:12
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2006-7-10_Beech1900_goes_low.wmv

Sad git that I am, I came upon this video clip and felt bound to share it with my fellow aviators.

kevmusic
22nd Jul 2006, 10:51
Bloody 'ell!! It's 52 megs!!! :eek: I'm d/l-ing it now. I only like biplanes and 30s jazz. :} You sure I'm going to like it? (54% to go............)

kevmusic
22nd Jul 2006, 11:01
Yeah, nice stuff :ok:

(Don't try this at home, folks!)

wsmempson
22nd Jul 2006, 14:13
Sorry, I should have said you either need broad band or an ISDN line to see this. Worth it, though (I think).

waveydavey
22nd Jul 2006, 15:58
Like it... just out of interest do you know the location?

Glasgow_Flyer
22nd Jul 2006, 16:12
hmmmm - wonder if I could do that in a Katana...

noblues
23rd Jul 2006, 10:21
Lovely clip ....

I wounder where that was as well? The host site is for a hotel in Iowa?

hmmmm - wonder if I could do that in a Katana...

Its just where you gonna go if the engine stops over the river! Beech 1900 is a twin turboprob!

Pitts2112
23rd Jul 2006, 11:12
I'm guessing, by looking at the topography, trees, and red clay, that it is in central or southern Africa somewhere.

The hosting site is run by the owner of The Alexis Park Inn, an aviation-themed hotel located at Iowa City airport. The owner, Jay Honeck, is an avid aviator (along with his wife, Mary, who flies their airplane as much as he does) and is active in keeping a thriving and growing GA community alive in Iowa. He has remodeled many of the suites in the hotel to have aviation themes, mostly based on a specific aircraft type or time period. It's proved to be very popular and they seem to be doing a thriving business. I know all of this only because Jay is a frequent poster to the "rec.aviation.owners" newsgroup. He started collecting videos and posting them on his website a couple of years ago. There's some really good stuff on there and Jay just seems like a really nice guy - the kind the aviation world needs more of. His posts to the newsgroup are usually quite poignant and often very heartwarming as well. He ought to be writing for a magazine.

Pitts2112

javelin
23rd Jul 2006, 18:38
Follow the thread at the end and it leads to Africa.

I was watching it with our Doris and at one point I said - watch, he's about to roll it - she said how did you.......... OOO he did didn't he !