PDA

View Full Version : Interview on Weds

smellysnelly2004
17th Jul 2006, 12:22
Hi there,

Is anyone else having an interview on Weds 19th July on London??

Would be great to hear from you.......:D

Cheers

Ryan

zoink
19th Jul 2006, 21:00
how did you get on? :ok:

smellysnelly2004
19th Jul 2006, 21:38
Strange you should ask, because I just got home and was going to post a brief rundown of the day as it happened to me!!

Firstly, a big thank you to the aerodrome controller at BRS on Monday who was very helpful and didn't seem to tire of my questions. Secondly, a mention for Gonzo and his excellent introduction speech today:D

After arriving at the hotel there was a brief introduction and then straight into a motivation paper on the material provided. Similar to the one in the 1st day but more in-depth (as the info was). You then have another personality style questionnaire (again like the 1st day) but a lot shorter.

You're then handed instructions on how to play a board game as a group and given 5 mins to read them. You then play the 'game' with 2 ATCO's and 2 HR people watching, taking notes and advising you when rules were broken etc.

We then split up and I went onto computer testing - same as before and there really is nothing you can do to prepare!! After a small break it was straight into the interview which is now in one - ie personnel and technical in one. Definately felt tougher that way because you can't sink into a mindset of technical or personnel and have to be prepared to be asked questions of a fairly different nature in quick succession.

All in all it was a very friendly atmosphere and, dare i say it, an enjoyable day. Have no idea how I did. Will just have to wait and sweat!!!

Ryan

zoink
19th Jul 2006, 21:54
:ok: well done.. thanks for the update..

Gonzo
20th Jul 2006, 07:00
I thank you!

Myndflyer
20th Jul 2006, 13:07
Smellysnelly - sent you a PM :)

smellysnelly2004
21st Jul 2006, 00:32
Right back at you Myndflyer.

I just got back from work and had managed to convince myself that my results would be in my inbox already, after 24 hours.... what a fool!!!!

smellysnelly2004
24th Jul 2006, 11:13
I'm at work driving myself doolally by checking email every 5 seconds for my interview results.

I know its 15 working days normally but the lovely Lucy from HR, who was there on the day, claimed we would know by today:confused:

Anyone out there who can she any light on this or just provide me with some kind of distraction!!!

CHEERS

SilentHandover
24th Jul 2006, 12:48
I got my yes by midday on the day after my interview, I've known some folks have to wait the full 15 days.

emz_emz
24th Jul 2006, 12:57
Hey i was there at the wednesday interview too and like you have been checking my emails every 2 mins. Its so frustrating i just want to know either way. So i can either be very excited or have the pleasure of telling everyone i didn't get in. Emma

smellysnelly2004
24th Jul 2006, 13:02
Hi there Emma, Ryan here.

It's really frustrating beacuse the HR lady seemed confident we would know by now. Hey ho, not much that can be done really.

Good luck!

emz_emz
24th Jul 2006, 13:15
Hey Ryan

I thought we would have heard by now, like you said Lucy mentioned that we could know by the friday but there was only one girl who delt with it all and so it was all dependent on how many applicants they had. Fingers crossed it will be soon!!

Let me know when u hear anything. Could be 15 days tho!!

Emma

emz_emz
24th Jul 2006, 15:56
Hey just got my email. unfortunatly i was unsuccessful! i'm pretty dissapointed!! not really sure what to do now! Will they give you information on what you failed on if you contact them?

smellysnelly2004
24th Jul 2006, 16:02
Firstly, sorry to hear you didn't get it:(

The standard line is NATS does not give feedback but after I pestered for a while last time they told me which part I had failed so probably worth a go.

Take care

Ryan

vfr800i
24th Jul 2006, 16:41
Hi guys,

I was at interview on the 18th and I've still not heard back either.

I did the whole process last year too, they didn't give feedback a year ago but when I spoke to the HR lady last Tuesday and previously on the phone they told me that it had changed and they do now give feedback.

So sorry to hear you didn't get in Em but give them a call and find out what you can do to improve then try again next year :ok:

Last year it took over a week to hear back, I've heard of people only waiting a few days but next day is impressive!

D.

smellysnelly2004
24th Jul 2006, 16:45
VFR,

I was at the same interview as Emma but have heard nothing. I'm trying to not read too much into that but can't help getting excited!!