This hot from the VFR Chart Editor
Further to our emails last week I can now confirm that the CAA will be
issuing a new edition of the Southern England 1:500,000 to coincide with the
implementation of the new Bristol/Cardiff Airspace. This will be Edition 32A
- and will also show all other changes that have taken place since 2
February 2006. The 2007 chart (Edition 33) will be published as scheduled
next March - and the Edition 32 Frequency Reference card will remain in
circulation until then.

For reference the chart updates and updated frequency cards can be downloaded from links on this page. (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=64&pagetype=65&applicationid=8&mode=500map)

AIC 96/2006 (Yellow 217) with full details of the changes will be published on 20 July.

Mike

splatt
10th Jul 2006, 18:42
Thanks Mike, was wondering! Only literally 2 days ago that I bought a new edition 32 though! Doh! :ugh:

englishal
10th Jul 2006, 21:23
Thanks....End of August it all changes isn't it? Better make a mental note seeing as it is a bit close to home....

QDMQDMQDM
10th Jul 2006, 21:29
They can dream on if they think even 5% of pilots affected will be plotting these changes, given the way they are presented.

rustle
10th Jul 2006, 21:40
They can dream on if they think even 5% of pilots affected will be plotting these changes, given the way they are presented.

I think the point of the post is that there will be a new chart, edition 32A, available soon.

Yes, you will have to pay for it.

IO540
10th Jul 2006, 21:47
Slightly more annoyed will be those who (like me) just very recently paid over £50 for the electronic version of the Southern UK CAA chart, with the "Memory Map" name stuck on the CD case.

I will write to them to see if they do something - anything is better than paying £100 just for this one chart.