PDA

View Full Version : Extended CTR around Dublin/Weston

dublinpilot
8th Jul 2006, 17:09
For anyone thinking of Flying to Weston, or in the general vicinity of Dublin/Weston, please be aware that from 3 August 2006, Dublin's CTR has been significantly expanded.

Weston Airport will be enclosed in Class C airspace, along with a large chunk of airspace known as R15.

I'm not sure if I can link directly into the Eurocontrol website, but I'll try!

Try clicking here for the AIRAC (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-4F408CA4C9662F21F8AEF0A6ECAAB0B9/ENX7SHJ56S2BE/EN/AMDT/AD/AIRAC/048-2006/EI_Amdt_A_2006_48_B_en_2006-08-03.pdf)

If you can't use the above link, you can get it by logging into the Eurocontrol website and looking for AIRAC 48B.

You can clearly see the new airspace structure on page 21....the VFR approach chart for Dublin.

The good news for you IFR flyers, is that Weston now seems to have an Instrument approach based on its new VOR. The details are also available on the above document.

dp

ronnie3585
8th Jul 2006, 18:27
When is the new VOR in Weston going to be activated?

Is it true the ident is going to be KOC after Kieran O'Connor?

Saab Dastard
8th Jul 2006, 18:41
Hi DP - interesting VFR route!

Turn left at the Pigeon House!

One assumes that in the event of engine failure you drop it into the Phoenix Park (or the Liffey)! :\

SD

dublinpilot
8th Jul 2006, 18:44
:D Good one......but no.....

The ID of the new VOR is "WST".

I believe it's already up and running.

SD....that is the route that has been been commonly used already. You're right though.....over the city centre your options can be limited for a short period of time.

dp

stiknruda
8th Jul 2006, 19:29
Ronnie,:ok:
I found your post to be very amusing, thanks!
Stik:E

Saab Dastard
8th Jul 2006, 20:02
DP,

Do you know what the min / max alt. is for the VFR route over the city centre?

SD

dublinpilot
8th Jul 2006, 20:24
SD,

There is no set altitude on that route. Use of the route is subject to a clearance, and ATC will specify the altitude.

Having said that, VFR it's almost always "Not above 1500 feet". If you beg and pleed you might get 2000'. Perhaps with the new airspace that will change?

Can't speak for IFR traffic.

dp