PDA

View Full Version : Do IFR controllers look at flight-plan equipment list?

IRpilot2006
5th Jul 2006, 15:49
This one is for the IFR sector controllers, e.g. London Control, Brussells, Langen, Frankfurt, etc.

For example if I specify RNAV will I get more long DCT shortcuts, whereas if I specify the standard basic S/C I should be offered only "own navigation to XXX" where XXX is a VOR... (or vectors).

From a number of long IFR flights around Europe (SEP context, FL100-160 generally) I don't think this is true, in that I have had all sorts of combinations of instructions despite using S/C initially and the more detailed combinations since.

In which case, what does the ICAO flight plan equipment list actually do?

Over+Out
5th Jul 2006, 16:16
We do not see the flight plan in ATC. We use flight strips/computers which have abbreviated flight plan details on them.
All aircraft will be given the same direct routes, VOR or fix, where appropiate.

eyeinthesky
5th Jul 2006, 16:24
Above FL95 in European Airspace flying IFR you are expected to be BRNAV compliant. If you are not, you must fly below FL95 or you can try putting 'Non-BRNAV' in the Field 18. There is a chance that your plan will be rejected in this case.

I'm afraid I don't have the reference to the legislation.

Knackers
6th Jul 2006, 00:08
A bit different Downunder. Because so much traffic transitions into non-radar airspace, we're required to check what nav gear each aircraft has in order to determine what separation standards are appropriate. A click on the label opens up the flight plan...and all is revealed. If the pilot doesn't list what he has, he could miss out.

tori chelli
6th Jul 2006, 20:11
to answer eyeinthesky's question...the legislation is referred to in yellow AIC 148/1997 (280)
On that point, there is no FPL item 10 letter for RNAV. If as is suggested, non-carriage would cause the FPL to be refused, what is one supposed to enter in item 10? R for RNP compliant??
Over to Bookworm I suspect! :)
Tori

bookworm
6th Jul 2006, 21:27
Last time I looked, the only thing the IFPS looked at and rejected the FPL for if absent was the Y for 8.33 spacing above FL245. I use "SR" for equipment to indicate standard + B-RNAV.