PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pilot buddies

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 09:01
Hey There,

Are there any pilots out there who would like to partner up with flying? I want to join a flying club possibly RAF Brize Norton, but am looking to find people to fly with in the Oxfordshire area.

Cheers,

Airmiles :ok:

Aussie Andy
5th Jul 2006, 12:26
If you have service connections you could try RAF Benson - see http://www.rafbfc.co.uk/members.asp for contact details - and you might find some like minded people there by posting a notice on the bulletin board once you have joined.

Andy

AerBabe
5th Jul 2006, 12:42
If you can join military clubs, also have a look at RAF Halton Aero Club:

http://www.haltonaeroclub.org.uk/

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 12:47
I am a civilian pilot, but I just was told that if you join an RAF flying club that at least you don't have to pay landing fees when you go to RAF landing strips. I am not looking for a flying club as such, but thanks though. I am looking for people to fly with. Are there any girls or guys out there who would also like to get some extra hours? I like flying but just would like to have a flying buddy, preferably in the Oxfordshire area but elsewhere is okay too.
Cheers,

AerBabe
5th Jul 2006, 12:58
Most RAF clubs will accept a certain proportion of civilian members, but I'd double-check whether that covers your landing fees for all RAF bases.

I may well be interested in 'buddying up' with you, but having just moved house/started a new job/gone out of currency again, may not be the best person for a few months!

airborne_artist
5th Jul 2006, 13:12
You won't be able to join Benson's club as a pure civilian member unless you are ex-Service, an FI, or fit one or two other entry criteria, such as being an adult staff member at an Air Cadet unit. Other clubs may have different constitutions.

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 13:16
Well I wouldn't join them, I would join RAF Brize Norton. I called them the other day and there it is possible as a civilian.

AerBabe
5th Jul 2006, 13:20
The brave fellow who taught me to fly also teaches at Brize ... :eek:

airmiles
5th Jul 2006, 13:27
Oh really?? Who is that then? By the way, I pm'd you.

AerBabe
5th Jul 2006, 13:48
Probably a bit unfair to mention his name here ... I'll PM it to you. :E