PDA

View Full Version : Flight to Zurich....

POT NOODLE HORN
2nd Jul 2006, 15:08
Hi Guy's & Girl's

In need of a little help, friend of mine wants to fly to Zurich in a few weeks and has asked me to find an airport/airfield to land at.

He needs to be in Zurich but dosen't mind travelling a little if the airport's not to close by. The a/c we are taking is a PA34 Seneca so needs to be hard rather than grass......
I looked in to Zurich airport itself but I think its gonna work out rather expensive.

Thanks for your help....:ok:

Horn

54.98N
2nd Jul 2006, 15:16
Try Birrfeld - its 13 miles West of Zurich.

www.birrfeld.ch

POT NOODLE HORN
2nd Jul 2006, 15:20
Thanks for the link ...... Cant understand a word :ugh: :confused:

172driver
2nd Jul 2006, 15:43
Dübendorf is very close to Zurich (10-15 mins by train). It's mil, not sure if they let civvies in there.

Morane
3rd Jul 2006, 08:39
Hi,

Duebendorf is mil only, I think.
We landed at Birrfeld 2002. Bad expirience.
Unfriendly personal, called police after landing due to customs regulations (allthough we were on a VFR flightplan) and wanted 140 SFR (90 Euro!).
40 for the landing and 100 for calling the police!!! After some
discussions it was reduce to 90SFR which we paid.

From my personal expirience, Birrfeld never again.

Problem is customs, you can't choose any airfield for arrival.

Maybe Altenrhein is an alternate.

Joe

grow45
3rd Jul 2006, 11:30
Clickable map of Switzerland showing most airfields here - http://www.nelly.ch/01map.html
May give you some ideas.
g45

Cutoff
3rd Jul 2006, 12:13
Try Zurich itself. I flew there earlier this year, in a 182, fantastic service, and lo cost too. I think you do get a slot, it is a big airfield, but we had a 'follow-me' truck to help taxi around. Only request was to keep the speed up on final, we had a 146 following us in.