PDA

View Full Version : P2T2 Probe.

novicef
2nd Jul 2006, 10:58
Just reading Engines at ATPL level they mention the P2T2 (P@T2) probe but not much else. Did the Google bit but no such luck. Anybody got some info on this probe??

spannersatcx
2nd Jul 2006, 11:06
P=pressure T=temperature 2=station 2= fan inlet

Sp P2T2 senses fan inlet pressure and temperature, can be used for EPR calculation. Also used for fuel scheduling inputs to FMU via EEC.

SeldomFixit
2nd Jul 2006, 11:18
Spanners - I purposely didn't reply to this one because, no offence intended to the origonal poster, I think there are far too many queries on these boards that beg a spoon fed answer. What happened to basic knowledge ? Surely everything in your post would be obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of Engine principles ( I note the query related to ATPL level study ) to disect and reconstruct into an at least plausible functionality. P 2 T 2 - nothing even remotely foreign in that and to be honest I find myself shaking my head.
Is this the new wave ? I want it and I want it without doing the yards ?
I may be overly critical and am ready for the flack. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wodrick
2nd Jul 2006, 13:32
I agree completly, often find myself reading here ( I mean on the site generally, questions, TL, etc and find myself taking a step back. There seem to be those out there either 'training' or indeed 'practicing' who have less knowledge than my big toe. It's the ones that claim to be ATPL that worry me, some of the questions ..... words fail me! And to think I could be sat in 11b !

barit1
2nd Jul 2006, 16:09
Anyone working on a pilot rating at any level ought to show enough interest and ambition to seek information out himself. Web search engines make this incredibly easy--too easy perhaps.

That said, there is a lot of dubious information on the web, and Pprune ought to be the place to clear the air, separate wheat from chaff, fine-tune the still...

novicef
3rd Jul 2006, 13:11
Spannersatcx thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am not university educated nor have I had a military background to be given this info, unfortunately in Aust. there isn’t the expertise that can be readily accessed consequently I post here. I think others are learning this and also posting on this forum . I see Big Kev has posted here and also on D&G Questions in the Downunda forum asking the same question.

Where is Old Smokey??

NG_Kaptain
3rd Jul 2006, 14:58
Googled pt2 epr and came up with this as my first response....
Using our station numbering system, EPR is the ratio of nozzle total pressure pt8 to compressor face total pressure pt2. EPR can be easily measured on an ...
www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/epr.html - 12k.
If I remember the JT3D correctly, a trick question in training was how did you anti ice the pt2 probe and how did you anti ice the pt7 probe :) .