PDA

View Full Version : GTA training advice

gotak
27th Jun 2006, 02:18
Hello Everyone

Short story: Attempted CX Cadets and got chucked out 2nd round. Might retry but gota wait one year. So plan's to do my masters, starting sept at Ryerson, and at least some hours towards a PPL if not get a PPL. Then maybe reapply next year if I still like flying as much.

Anyhow I would just like to pick your brains about where you'd suggest someone like me go to train around the GTA? I know it'll be quite a work load to get a PPL while studying full time but that's the deal with the parents. Figure out what you want to do this year and they'll pay for the flight lessons. So kind of have to do it now rather then later.

Thanks in advance!:ok:

wrenchbender
27th Jun 2006, 04:26
Depends on where abouts are you living in the GTA. You have your choice of The Island, Buttonville, Brampton.... if living downtown and attending Ryerson, why not check out the Island?

Why'd you get chucked out of CX Cadets?

gotak
28th Jun 2006, 02:23
Didn't get the PM.

I wasn't in cadets. I was in the interviews and got "chucked out" of the list after the 2nd round.

Basically I guess I didn't come accross as being dedicated enough. Not suprising as aviation isn't the only thing I can see myself doing in my life. So for me that key is to figure out if flying is the top thing to do in my life. If it is then I'll try again and also try to find other solutions.

I'll not be living downtown but rather uptown around the Younge and Finch area. So Island is actually going to be hard to get to.

wrenchbender
28th Jun 2006, 13:37
I'll not be living downtown but rather uptown around the Younge and Finch area. So Island is actually going to be hard to get to.

Then Buttonville, for sure.