PDA

View Full Version : Mallorca Son Bonet LESB

scooter boy
26th Jun 2006, 15:42
I am planning a trip to Mallorca from UK via Jersey and fancied Son Bonet rather than the big airport up the road.
Does anyone know if customs are available and what the opening hours are.
Who should I contact to PPR?
Thanks for advice

snchater
26th Jun 2006, 16:30
Flew in there last summer. Great alternative to Palma especially as Palma does not accept SEPs at weekends . No need for PPR but all flights need a flight-plan. No tower but a unicom on 123.5 . Very helpful admin who will get weather and file FPL. Fuel was cash only. You will be met by resident police who will want to see and photocopy all usual aircraft documents. Sloane Helicopters are based at Son Bonet and are very helpful/friendly. Enjoy the trip!!:ok:

scooter boy
26th Jun 2006, 16:51
Thanks snchater.
I'll be sure to take plenty of pesetas (I mean Euros) with me.

SB:cool:

S-Works
26th Jun 2006, 20:15
I flew in there 2 weeks ago. I flew Spanhoe-Jersey-Perpignan-Son Bonet.

Customs are available, fax or email in advance. Ensure that you have all of the documents for the aircraft in a neat folder along with your passport and Pilots licence/medical.

Fuel and oil easily available but CASH (euros) or fuel card only. Sloane Helicopters have a set up there and the CFI Alistair is a very nice chap who can help out with any questions.

They will route you in via the NE of the Island at Pollencia and route you low level all the way along the motorway into Son Bonet.

Palma are not interested in taking you if you are a light aircraft and will automatically refer you to Son Bonet. All flights even local sightseeing require a FPL.

4 day stay cost me about 30Euros.

Well worth the visit.

BCS112
27th Jun 2006, 07:58
Was there 2 years ago.

Nice and friendly airfield but if you can, fuel up upon arrival. We were leaving on a sunday morning and the fuel guy (or was it the fire department ?) didn't start working until 11AM so we were stuck for 3 hours and there really isn't much to do where the airport is...

Björn

pwwuk
2nd Jul 2006, 11:55
The do have customs but only accept from Schengen countries ,, i.e. most of the EU but NOT UK !!!

So you are fine if you stop in france or Spain (Gerona for example) but I had a direct flight plan rejected and had to go in to Palma ..

Palma will accept SE at weekends you just get a lower priority and may have a 15 min hold .. You do need an IR and arrive on an IR flight plan at other times.

All the info is online at http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?cid=1078418725163&pagename=AIS%2FHome_AIS&SMO=4&Section=1&c=Page&MO=2 ..

Palma Int is GA friendly .. but handling costs are around €50 so a week in the Bonanza worked out around €100.

Son Bonnet has allsorts of Ac .. and many don't speak English .. so you should know you calls in Spanish & keep a very good lookout .. I've been cut up by the fire fighting helicopter and had a 152 on finals in the apposite direction (despite 10 Kts down the runway) .. You also may need to park on the grass in summer .. watch out for this displaced threshold (you can hardly see the markings as they are faded) ..

Great place to fly .. Enjoy

cessna l plate
2nd Jul 2006, 19:06
I take most of my summer holidays in Magalluf. Once I get my Easa, Jar, whoever ppl is there somewhere I can rent from? I would love to see the islnad from the air.