PDA

View Full Version : Expo RT today (Friday)

UV
23rd Jun 2006, 21:32
So who was the prat today (Friday) who was in a SR22 and lined up without a clearance and was bollocked by Air Traffic.(1500 ish)
And who was the prat in a red RV who was No. 3 at the hold and kept telling them he was ready for depature....
And who was the one who was No 4 and couldnt keep quiet...
No wonder the guy on the Air Traffic lost his rag.
UV

pilotho
23rd Jun 2006, 21:52
which airfield are you talking about?

eglk01
23rd Jun 2006, 22:07
Wycombe air park

wombat13
23rd Jun 2006, 22:17
So who was the prat today (Friday) who was in a SR22 and lined up without a clearance and was bollocked by Air Traffic.(1500 ish)
And who was the prat in a red RV who was No. 3 at the hold and kept telling them he was ready for depature....
And who was the one who was No 4 and couldnt keep quiet...
No wonder the guy on the Air Traffic lost his rag.
UV

Don't know, but glad it wasn't me. I can't understand why ATC people lose their rags :suspect:

I have little doubt that as bad sastards like you and I are writing on the forums, said people above are in the pub bragging to their mates about their flying prowess and how they "wowed the crowds" at the Wycombe air show..........................

englishal
24th Jun 2006, 12:35
It can be annoying being forgotton at the hold for 20 minutes......I am assuming Wycombe is full ATC of course....(i dunno)

chevvron
24th Jun 2006, 13:13
It was amazing the number of pilots who were unaware of the TRA and announced they would call Wycombe for traffic info; we were telling them not to call as Wycombe obviously had enough on their plate already, the last thing they wanted was someone coming on frequncy with a long winded transmission asking to transit.

Human Factor
24th Jun 2006, 17:55
I am assuming Wycombe is full ATC of course.

You assume correctly.;)

A and C
24th Jun 2006, 17:59
I do have sone time for a guy who is the third in line at the hold reporting ready for departure, after all some people are so slow with the checks that you would think that they are launching a moon shot.

If the guy is ready then he is ready, the holding point is just that.... a hold NOT a queue!

That having been said the ATC at Wycombe has allways been top rate there must have been some appauling airmanship to get the guy to be that pi**ed off.

Fortunatly I missed all the action as I was in one of the exibitors hospitalaty tents enjoying lunch.

B Fraser
25th Jun 2006, 18:59
Fortunatly I missed all the action as I was in one of the exibitors hospitalaty tents enjoying lunch.

Guessing by your spelling, it must have been a jolly good lunch :ok:

WorkingHard
26th Jun 2006, 11:04
Good point A&C but how many pilots line up at the hold with never a thought for anyone else who may be in a position to go before them? They just sit in the middle blocking the peri track. They probably do similar things at the pumps!