PDA

View Full Version : MEDICAL

kirstygolf
10th Jun 2006, 19:00
Hello there!

Can anybody provide me with some more detailed information about what to expect on the medical?

Are there any common problems which would fail a person?

Thank you.

K :ok:

Gonzo
10th Jun 2006, 19:46
Off the top of my head.....

Drunkeness....
Being high on drugs....
Being six foot eleven......

Don't worry about it! If you're going to fail (and you'd have to be pretty unhealthy to do so!), not much you can do about it now!

It's the usual stuff, eyesight, lung capacity, hearing, colour blindness, ECG, blood pressure...

kirstygolf
10th Jun 2006, 22:05
Oh well I should be ok then!

Cheers.

I heard they make you stand on one leg with your eyes closed and give you a push - or is somebody winding me up?:suspect:

Gonzo
11th Jun 2006, 03:52
Winding you up on that one!

Lon More
11th Jun 2006, 11:00
During a medical check before returning to work after an accident I was simply asked if I had two of everything i should have two of and one of those I should have one of.

Don't worry Kirsty, if your reasonably healthy it should not be a problem. They're not expecting Superwoman and worrying wll only raise your blood pressure.

kirstygolf
11th Jun 2006, 11:27
Thanks guys!

:ok:

clicker
13th Jun 2006, 09:40
During a medical check before returning to work after an accident I was simply asked if I had two of everything i should have two of and one of those I should have one of.....

But avoid mention of the two fluffy ones..it will confused the quacks who can't tell cats from dogs :)

Number2
13th Jun 2006, 16:55
Let's face it, you can be about 17 stone overweight (like a girl on my course) and still get a Cat 1 medical. I really don't think there's much to worry about.

Barnaby the Bear
14th Jun 2006, 09:15
:} So if you are only 10 stone, but smoke 80 a day and drink gallons of meths. Would that mean you are more healthy? She may be big boned! :}

You sure the rubber gloves aren't normal????!!!!!:eek:

kirstygolf
14th Jun 2006, 16:51
Well that's me. I've been thoroughly examined. No rubber gloves or uncomfortably placed thermometers and certainly no probes.

What's this society coming to eh?

Barnaby the Bear
14th Jun 2006, 21:20
:{ I feel violated!!!!!!!!!!!!

LXGB
15th Jun 2006, 09:23
What no "Undercarriage Check"? :}

LXGB

kirstygolf
15th Jun 2006, 21:02
Well I'm not sure that I have an "undercarriage" as such to check! Maybe that would explain it....

Barnaby I heard you find excuses to go for a medical once a week :\ don't protest now!

Glasgow_Flyer
18th Jun 2006, 21:39
Did you go to Alan Downie?

Dances with Boffins
19th Jun 2006, 12:31
Do Gatwick still have the big fluffy white bathrobes? I always meant to nick one of them...

kirstygolf
19th Jun 2006, 18:39
Well the ones at LHR were a little rigid and had lost any fluffiness they maybe once had....:sad:

Bern Oulli
19th Jun 2006, 20:17
A rigid bathrobe??? The mind positively boggles. Another thread heading for Jet Blast methinks.

Gonzo
19th Jun 2006, 22:35
Have to agree with Kirsty, the robes I've had at Heathrow, well, the laundry didn't use Comfort, that's for sure.....

Dances with Boffins
20th Jun 2006, 12:06
Berni - come back. Someone has broke me toys...:ugh:

Barnaby the Bear
20th Jun 2006, 17:59
Barnaby I heard you find excuses to go for a medical once a week don't protest now!

I have requested all toilet walls have been scrubbed with such slander! :O

Standard Noise
21st Jun 2006, 09:22
Soft or hard? Well, I shall not drag this conversation any further into the murk. Personally, I'd just like them to have robes that actually fit my lardy ass! And I know I'm not the only beached whale in NATS, so why can't they splash out on some XXL size robes for us porkers!!!

Soft or hard indeed, you skinnies, more whine than bleedin' Threshers!

Gonzo
21st Jun 2006, 09:51
One could fit two of oneself inside those robes the size they are currently:eek:

Standard Noise
21st Jun 2006, 21:50
One could fit two of oneself inside those robes the size they are currently:eek:
Show off!
Or maybe you're all so big they got big'uns in special like. Might explain the lack of cooking facilities we're hearing about at the new LL VCR!:}