PDA

View Full Version : 121.5 yesterday,(8 June), UK,

BOAC
9th Jun 2006, 08:07
Whilst outbound from the UK yesterday lunchtime I was aware of a protracted 'event' around Cambridge at lunchtime with a 'G-VI.'

I cannot find anything on other forums so was wondering if anyone is here from D&D - and if it worked out ok. Pretty impressed with the ATC service the lady on D&D was giving:ok:

PPRuNe Radar
9th Jun 2006, 11:25
Hope nobody in their 'big Boeing' told them they were transmitting on Guard :p ;)

Il Duce
9th Jun 2006, 11:28
G-VI did finally get into Cambridge; despite saying that he was visual and changing frequency to Cambridge several times, he flew past the airfield and didn't change frequency! Have to say he didn't sound too confident on the r/t, but at least he did the right thing to admit that he was lost and called on 121.5.
There weren't too many shouts of "YOU'RE ON GUARD!"

Vlax
9th Jun 2006, 12:22
To say communication was difficult was an understatement, but he made a smooth landing at 13.55z.
He was on a qualifying cross country. I believe the gentleman is 85 years old and an ex Lancaster pilot.
Just one other point, yes the D & D controller did do a good job and we were in constant communication with her and would like to think it was team work.:D

BOAC
9th Jun 2006, 12:34
Only aware of one other call on guard and that was someone trying to call their Ops!

Well done to all!

Lifes2good
10th Jun 2006, 11:53
Yet again D&D show their worth, Well done to all.
Recently visited D & D well worth it. The professionalism shown by the people there is truly fantastic.