PDA

View Full Version : HEADSETS

Mooncrest
5th Jun 2006, 07:13
I was just wondering what make and model of headsets are being used in UK ATC units these days. I think the old Astrolite is virtually consigned to history now. At my place they're using Plantronics. I believe NATS go for the Jetlite. Do any airports still use the Airlite 62 ? I know Liverpool once did.

The Obvious Choice
5th Jun 2006, 08:21
How bored are you ?!?!?!?!? :uhoh:

MancBoy
5th Jun 2006, 09:27
the jetlites are reubbish, far too flimsy

I prefferd the old grey ones we had at West Drayton

niknak
5th Jun 2006, 14:50
We use Airlite 62s, uncomfortable as hell but extremely reliable and easy to fix.
Roll on October when we get new voice switching, new gear and lightweight headsets..

verticaltom
10th Jun 2006, 05:00
Maybe someone can tell me....I'm looking at buying a used David Clark H10-75 headset.....yes/no?? good or bad...quality or crap, maybe somewhere in between?
If you know please help a guy out.

Mooncrest
10th Jun 2006, 08:52
Verticaltom,
I suppose it depends on what you want it for. It's not an ATC set (I'm only pointing that out coz this is an ATC forum) but David Clarks are used all over the world in umpteen different aircraft types. I can't be specific but I'm sure you won't have any problems with it, assuming you're using it in a civil aircraft.

verticaltom
10th Jun 2006, 13:30
Thanks mooncrest...I'm just starting out.. so sorry for butting in. I'll buy em and try em. Hope to jump back in here in a couple years with something to add. Good luck.