PDA

View Full Version : GA-8 Airvan From Melbourne to Broome!

ozzieausterdriver
27th May 2006, 11:41
If it is of any interest to you keen aviators I am delivering a new Gippsland GA-8 Airvan from Melbourne to Broome via Perth. The trip is expected to take a couple of weeks. {demos on the way] I am happy to post pictures and a daily account of this trip if enough interest is expressed. Not a bad trip for a pomme!

BlueRobin
27th May 2006, 12:12
Surely you're missing home Mr H? ;)

ozzieausterdriver
27th May 2006, 12:22
Funny enough I have to be honest and say........Not a bit mate! The flying here is sensational with such good weather to boot. Thsi delivery / demo tour is set to finish with a television crew on arrival. The new owner is in the mining business.

Have to say id rather be doing the trip in my Auster though. { dont let my boss see this post]

T10
27th May 2006, 14:02
You are as usual a lucky git! Mr Austermofo:)

T10

QDMQDMQDM
27th May 2006, 18:21
Yes, post the trip report and photos.

DubTrub
27th May 2006, 20:16
Hey oad did you bring two Gippies into Brodhead last year en route Osh?...and if so, will the same happen this year?

ozzieausterdriver
27th May 2006, 23:32
DT,

No it wasnt me but I can confirm Gippsland will be attending Oshkosh with an Airvan. I will be lucky enough to be at Oshkosh this year at the Gippsland Aeronautics stand. We do however have a couple of interesting sales into new countries going through at the moment, so watch this space!

plucka
28th May 2006, 06:42
I wish you all the best for your trip auster driver, Autumn is certainly a lovely time for flying.
When you are at Oshkosh with your mates from Gippsland, perhaps you could ask them why their back up and support for their first aircraft, (the GA200 Fatman, a very safe and productive Ag. aircraft), is so pitiful. The lack of interest in supplying spare parts or god forbid a new one, is a joke and quite frankly they should be very embarrased about their performance.

Anyway we look foward to your photos and wish you a safe journey.

ozzieausterdriver
28th May 2006, 06:59
Plucka,

I am very sorry to hear of the lack of support for the GA-200 series that you have experienced. I cannot offer any defence of this, as it would have been before my term. I will however bring this to the attention of the board of directors.

I look forward to printing my jorney log on this forum and welcome any suggestions that may come to mind.