PDA

View Full Version : Duxford

Lister Noble
20th May 2006, 10:51
Is anyone going to the AirSpace Display at Duxford tomorrow?
Lister:)

QNH 1013
20th May 2006, 18:58
Yes, and I'm taking waterproofs and a large Umbrella, although the Umbrella's max demonstrated crosswind limit is likely to be less than the Duxford surface wind.

Lister Noble
21st May 2006, 17:39
I flew down to Duxford today in the Felthorpe based Chipmunk,which forms part of the "Red Sparrows" 4 Chipmunks display team.
I got to experience a bit of formation flying under very experienced guidance on the trip down,trouble was the other Chipmunk kept moving all over the place.;) ;)
Got the rough idea of it using focus points and postioning lines after a while,but it obviously takes an incredible amount of practice and a much more experienced pilot than me to do it anywhere near properly.
It was wet all day,lots of interesting historic aircraft but unfortunately the weather really put a dampener on it,which was a great shame after all the organisation put into the show.
Lister:)

stiknruda
21st May 2006, 21:01
Lister,

Your "coach" is pretty good at what he does and therefore he tends to make it look easy. Most of the boys from my venue yesterday were popping down today but I understand that the fly-by of Mrs and Mr Posh Spice's gaff was called off.

Was the Curtis Hawk (P40) there? It was recalcitrant to start yesterday (shades of last Sunday!) and delayed our time off the blocks by 5 mins. The impact of which was that I was still on my roll-out when the Typhoon started its ear splitting routine - I'd just about reached the lazy-lane when it went overhead the first time and I wondered who'd shot me down, as the noise was so loud even inside my aeroplane!!

Can't imagine the trip down was in great weather if it compared to my trip home:yuk: :yuk: