PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Hangarage desperately needed!

Oxeagle
16th May 2006, 19:26
Hi Guys,
My group is in desperate need of hangar space for the Taylorcraft F22 we are in the process of buying. We were originally going to hangar it at EGTK, but we've now been told there's no space. Also, there's no space at Enstone so we're in desperate need of hangarage. The purchase should be complete in 3 weeks max, so we need to find somehwere fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to any airfield, grass strip, or any bit of land with a hangar that would have space? Ideally it needs to be withing 30 miles of Oxford. Our closest bet so far is Kemble, who apparently do have space but anything closer would be better!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Oxeagle :ok:

matspart3
17th May 2006, 06:40
There's a little bit of space left at Gloucester....pm if you want more info...

muffin
17th May 2006, 06:46
Shotteswell?

Pitts2112
17th May 2006, 06:52
You can try Monocock. He certainly posts on the Flyer forum if not here. He's got a Tcraft on his own farm strip out past Reading somewhere. If he can't accomodate, he may know someone else with a strip who can.

Pitts2112

Oxeagle
17th May 2006, 08:20
Cheers guys! :ok: Shotteswell doesn't have any space from what I can gather, Gloucester is too far, and I have now PM'd Monocock to see if he has any space.

Any other suggestions are still welcome!

OpenCirrus619
17th May 2006, 09:03
Check your PMs.

OC619

Brooklands
17th May 2006, 12:59
Oxeagle,

Another one for you to try (assuming you haven't already): Bicester (http://www.windrushers.org.uk/). Others you might consider include Wellesbourne, Wycombe and White Waltham, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're full and have a waiting list.

Hope you find somewhere

Brooklands

oscarmike
17th May 2006, 13:30
Hi Oxeagle

Your could try Bidford Gliding Club (http://www.bidfordgliding.co.uk/) - nice 800m grass strip.

Not sure how they are fixed for space though.

Nice friendly club, gliders co-exist happily alongside power aircraft, and there is a workshop and 100LL on site.

regards

OM

Oxeagle
17th May 2006, 20:40
OM,
Thanks for the suggestion but Bidford is a bit too far. We're probably going to go for Kemble now, because although its a bit of a trek for all of us it's got hangarage available, has some pretty nice facilities, and is licensed (unlike Enstone where we currently operate from!).
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions so far! :ok:

spernkey
17th May 2006, 21:08
Could help for a little while with accodomation at Glatton near EGSF - its a bit far but i dont need much/any money for a short term stay. Spernkey

Oxeagle
23rd May 2006, 20:09
Thanks for the offer Spernkey, and to everyone else who has helped me out with their suggestions, but we have managed to resolve the problem now.

Thanks for all your help guys! :ok: