PDA

View Full Version : Favourite European Aerodromes

QDMQDMQDM
13th May 2006, 22:17
We've got a favourite UK aerodrome thread, so let's have a European one. Anywhere in Europe.

I'll start:

Paray-le-Monial, central France. Sleepy grass field, very scenic, great workshop rebuilding French heritage aircraft, gliding club, super cafe, very friendly. They'd run out of fuel when I was there, which added to the charm.

Gruyeres, Switzerland. Grass field on the edge of the Alps. Nice cafe, brilliant castle and a cheesery, naturally.

Others?

QDM

ChampChump
17th May 2006, 18:22
Any successful arrival on the continent generates another batch of favourites, if that's possible.
I may be unusual, but the people matter more to me than the quality of the refreshments.
I was going to suggest a few airfields, but it just became a list of almost every European airfield I've been to, because just about all those visited thus far have been, typically, mixed-use, friendly, grass and amenable to a tent beneath the wing...just like airfields should be everywhere.:D
I would definitely include St Michaelisdonn in Germany -and for the wolf who lives on the roof of the tower. And some undeserved Teutonic, generous hospitality.
Sorry, QDM. With pleasant recollections of these and other arfields I think the rosy glow precludes a more sensible response!
:ok: