PDA

View Full Version : International Youth Day - Friday 21st July

Windy Militant
12th May 2006, 09:30
As the Deadline is looming fast I don't think Chris would mind a little help spreading the word!
If you have an aviation interest or are thinking of a possible career in aviation and you are between 15-23...and you want a special free VIP day out...with 1000 other young people....on Friday 21st July - then make contact me by the 19th of May and let me have your basic details of name & age e-mail on [email protected]
International Youth Day - Friday 21st July
===============================
Where/What : Farnborough International Airshow
Aim Higher - Fly Higher
Over 1000 Young People/Students will be making their way to the FIA 2006 International Youth Day.
The aim of the day is to provide for a selected audience of 1000 young people (aged between 15 to 23) to an an eye-catching, mind opening programme of events that demonstrates vividly the employment, the environment and the careers opportunities of the aerospace sector.
The parallel aim of International Youth Day is to provide the aerospace industry with the opportunity to connect with a wide range of young people, inspiring and encouraging their personal developments in the field of aerospace. This is not a one-off event as it is to be a catalyst for a range of activities over the next few years on engaging with all in opening up those considerations of enthusiasm, opportunity, lifestyle and achievement.
You will be treates as VIP's for the day - and have a special programme of displays and events to participate in - hosted by such organisations as Boeing, Rolls Royce, McLaren F1 Cars, Airbus with their A380 Simulator, the Parachute Regiments Assault Course & Parachute Tower, Robo-Wars, Space Pavillion etc. etc.
There is absolutely no cost to you once you get there - so what have you got too loose? So come on and have a great day out.
=================
Note the PFA Youth & Education Strut will be attending with the UK Youth Build-a-Plane RANS. So make sure you come and see us! :-)
Chris Shaw

Windy Militant
14th May 2006, 12:32
Back to the top!

Windy Militant
15th May 2006, 15:39
BTTT Again

Windy Militant
17th May 2006, 14:55
Bttt again. Go on it's for a good cause and it's only two days to closing date!

Henry Hallam
17th May 2006, 17:18
I hope you don't think everyone's neglecting you.. I send off my details when you posted your first message and am really looking forward to it, thanks!

Windy Militant
19th May 2006, 09:48
Chris Is still taking names for the next few days. So go on give it a go!

airborne_artist
23rd Jul 2006, 09:05
Daughter #2, plus 3 ATC mates went to the Youth Day. They had a great time, came back laden with stuff they'd been given, and were very tired, but happy :ok:

http://www.hrmconsultancy.net/images/personal/Eurofighter Farnboro 06.jpg

Windy Militant
25th Jul 2006, 12:29
Good to hear that they enjoyed themselves. :D
I hope that they were as enthused as the young lad at our Scout camp this weekend who decided that his Dad was going to learn to fly and buy a Thruster so they could go flying together! :ok: