PDA

View Full Version : member votes

ifaxu
28th Apr 2006, 16:21
heard a rumour today that due to differing subscrition rates for prospect that atco's at band 5 units votes will count as 1.5 votes in any future ballots and band 4 1.4 etc down to band 1 units. seems a good idea but what do others think.

Arkady
28th Apr 2006, 17:23
:hmm: Says it all.

flower
28th Apr 2006, 17:38
Hate to disappoint anyone with that rumour but I think you will find we all pay the same rate.

danceswithsheep
28th Apr 2006, 17:40
I hope you are kidding!
If you actually consider your vote more important than that of an airfield etc, than get back to TRM and take that broom out of your behind. If you earn more, you pay more, thats how unions work. But they also work as 1 vote 1 member, I hope.
Down South has numbers to force through most issues but any greater advantage because of where you live willl make it pointless for anyone else to vote!
Realise that, at other units we work as hard(and pick up your slack when you need to close sectors). The airfields also are busting a gut. The assistants, engineers, admin etc all work to the best of their ability and all deserve the same kudos.
Band 5, band 4 or whatever stop trying to split us apart unit by unit.

ifaxu
28th Apr 2006, 17:50
dances with sheep- I hear what you are saying but surely you get what you pay for so therefore if I pay more than you I should be entitled to a more valuable vote.

Gonzo
28th Apr 2006, 18:18
A shame you think that way, ifaxu.

I cannot believe however that there is any truth at all in this.

Arkady
28th Apr 2006, 18:44
I cannot believe anyone is taking this seriously OR

I cannot believe IFAXU took it seriously when he/she heard it

Strike out whichever does not apply

Arkady
28th Apr 2006, 18:57
I've had an even better idea. As Flower says all NATS ATCOs pay the same subscription rate to Prospect. That means that the Band One units pay a greater proportion of their monthly salary in Union dues so they should have thier votes increased in worth while Band 5 units should have their representation reduced!!

There are less women ATCOs across the company so all females should have their voting power increased. And what about redheads? Shouldn't they have the same voting power as blondes and brunettes......(hair colour to be determined by appearance in the College Course Photograph)

:rolleyes:

Gonzo
28th Apr 2006, 19:01
Redheads should have more voting power, obviously.

ifaxu
28th Apr 2006, 19:05
please tell me they dont let gingers vote do they!!

Arkady
28th Apr 2006, 19:27
Only if they are top of the scale Band 5 ATCO 2s. Gingers never make ATCO 1 :E

Gonzo
28th Apr 2006, 20:25
Not yet top of the scale, but don't want to be ATCO1 :yuk::E

BEXIL160
29th Apr 2006, 08:41
IFAXU.... went fishing, and look what he caught.

A wind up, and not too subtle.

The principle in PROSPECT (and most other democratic orgainisations) remains ONE man (person) ONE vote.

Msg ends

rgds
BEX

PPRuNe Radar
29th Apr 2006, 11:00
Trolls get no votes of course ;)

rab-k
29th Apr 2006, 12:26
Must be an Associate of 'GoPWUM': Guild of Professional Wind-Up Merchants.

http://www.historylink.org/db_images/WinderWestPoint1890.jpg

250 kts
2nd May 2006, 15:16
And he's just had a new reporting point named after him.....TOSSA. :E :E :E