PDA

View Full Version : Could this amphib get PFA approval?

QDMQDMQDM
21st Apr 2006, 13:26
http://www.seastaramphibian.com/Products/

Looks interesting. Genghis, what do you think?

Cheers,

QDM

Rod1
21st Apr 2006, 14:55
In theory this looks like it could get PFA approval. However there is a waiting list for approval a mile long and only 3/5 of the engineering posts are filed, so I would not hold your breath. To even get considered it would need a wanabe UK agent.

Looks a very interesting aircraft!

Rod1

ChrisVJ
21st Apr 2006, 18:48
My Amphibian is hangared in Squamish and I know they do their flying from the airport, but by chance I have never actually been there while they have been flying. Our (Searey) group has been wondering how the planes compare for a long time. Maybe this Summer I'll get to swap a ride.

Flap40
21st Apr 2006, 18:58
This looks very like a French amphib' that was doing the rounds in the early/mid '90s. The company was based at Vannes in southern Brittany but I forget the name. I seem to remember that it actually qualified as a Microlight.

Edit 'cus I've now read the rest of the site and it mentions the french origin. One of the mag's (Flyer?) did a review on the original that was quite positive.

QDMQDMQDM
21st Apr 2006, 19:28
They're going to certificate it as a light sportsplane, so what about waiting until then and operating it on the N reg? Viable?

QDM

Confabulous
22nd Apr 2006, 13:11
I've always thought that the more attractive an aircraft is, the better it'll fly.

That's one damn ugly aircraft :yuk: :E