PDA

View Full Version : Hucknall 2006!!!!

Flyboynick
19th Apr 2006, 19:40
Robin Hood Fly In
Hucknall Airfield, Nottingham
Saturday 20th May 2006
To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Popular Flying Association and the 90th Anniversary of the historic Hucknall Airfield we've decided to do something different with our fly in this year.
There will be a small informal Airsports Fair where manufacturers, importers and dealers from the Light aircraft, Kitplane and microlight world will be flying in first thing to be displayed in our static area so you can get up close, see the aircraft and chat with the people in the know.
We are also going to have trial lessons running all day in a Pitts S2a (Aerobatics), a Chipmink (Taildragging), two Eurostars and a flexwing (Microlighting). Flights in these aircraft cannot be prebooked but will be available on a first come first served basis.
Everybody is welcome to fly or drive in to one of the most popular and the friendliest fly ins around. The airfield is open from 10am onwards and we have got the usual stalls and food available along with some great long grass runways and plenty of newly mown parking areas.
Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Happy landings
Nick

Flyboynick
14th May 2006, 12:54
Its only a week to go and I'm started praying to the weather gods so I'm hoping as many of you can turn out as possible be it by air or by car.
For all you type hunters or if you just fancy trying something different I've had confirmation from all of our trial flight aircraft and they will all be available on the day. We've got a Pitts Special S2a, Chipmunk, 2 Eurostars and a Pegasus XL Flexwing. The prices range between £25 for a flight in the Flexwing up to £105 for a half hour of whatever you want to do in the Pitts Special.
Please try and support us. Any donations for landing fees and from conessions go to Cancer Research UK, We raised £800 last year.
Look forward to meeting you all.
Nick.

EastMids
15th May 2006, 09:49
Nick, have you actually booked the burger van for the right weekend this year? :bored: :rolleyes: :}

Andy

Flyboynick
17th May 2006, 19:34
Hmm the burger van was booked for the correct weekend last year but let us down. Our ladies from Cancer Research did us and their charity proud with their food and money raised (£800). I have a new more reliable burger van, and the ladies from Cancer Research, this year but remember that lots of burgers then a flight in a pitts don't always mix!!!.
Just hoping we get a break in the weather, I've had plenty of phone calls and emails from people wanting to visit and our exhibitors are hoping to get there if the weather's ok.
Nick

Rod1
18th May 2006, 07:12
The Weather forecast does not look favorable. I hope to make it my first land away in the new machine but if the forecast is right we could be in for a washout.

Rod1

squawking 7700
18th May 2006, 11:52
Reminding everybody and bringing Hucknall 2006 back to the top.

Looking at the BBC website, Saturday's looking brighter so hopefully we'll see
some of you at the largest unsponsored fly-in in the country.

Remember, it's all for charidy.

Flyboynick
19th May 2006, 08:01
Thanks squawking. Looks like the worst of the wether may go through here during friday night leaving us with sunshine and showers. At least the airfield drains well!!
Lets hope its kind to us. Hope the wind holds off a bit today when we're putting the marquee up!!
Nick

Rod1
19th May 2006, 19:15
EAST MIDLANDS EGNX 191602Z 200018 15015KT 6000 RA BKN014 TEMPO 0004 4000 +RA BKN009 BECMG 0305 22020G32KT 9999 NSW SCT020 BECMG 0407 19012KT PROB40 TEMPO 0817 6000 SHRA BECMG 0811 27014KT BECMG 1215 30015G25KT

Flyboynick
19th May 2006, 19:59
Well its better than it could have been. We may just get away with again. Looks like you'll have to get in first thing Rod for that first land away. Looking forward to seeing her, but don't push it if it looks iffy in any way.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. Glad the runway is aligned 290.

Happy landings

Nick

MyData
21st May 2006, 07:25
So did it take place? And if not, will it be rescheduled?

I was to take a friend for a morning flight Sheffield<->Humber Bridge, then to visit Hucknall. But looking on the MetOffice site yesterday AM there was a severe weather warning for Yorks + Lincs. Followed by reviewing the TAF forecasts for East Midlands, Doncaster, Humberside all of which looked poor (low cloud below 1000ft, rain etc.)

Later in the day we had some torrential rain over the Pennines and I heard on the radio that parts of the M62 were flooded. So I stayed at home and kept dry.

Flyboynick
21st May 2006, 11:35
Yes it went ahead, we had 23 brave visitors but plenty of people came by road so we had a good day and still raised a lot of money for charity.
The next event we have got is our Hucknall Air Day which is on Saturday 17th June 2006. For this we are on the north side of the airfield in the Rolls-Royce complex and the whole of the Rolls factory will be open for visitors to see the test beds for the aero engines and the production facilities. We have close to a 3 hour air display in the afternoon from 13:30. Entrance is by donation to charity. If you want to fly in you must email Merlin Flying Club on [email protected] for a slot.

Nick

MyData
21st May 2006, 12:33
Nick

Sounds good. I've put 17th in the diary. Might fly or drive. I'll decide nearer the time.

EastMids
22nd May 2006, 11:01
we had 23 brave visitors

We didn't feel brave at all - maybe we weren't counted in the 23? :confused: Mind you, EGNX-EGNA with a cloudbase of 1800', wind straight down the runway and no precipitation to speak of in the mid-afternoon did help! :rolleyes:

Andy

squawking 7700
22nd May 2006, 11:43
The 'brave' ones arrived in the morning.............

Mark 1
22nd May 2006, 12:18
I arrived at 0830Z - the last few miles were "interesting".

Only the Pitts from Sibson beat me.