PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand

captwannabe
19th Apr 2006, 08:57
I'm looking for information about Air NZ's payscale and bases. Anyone got any info?

Cloud Cutter
20th Apr 2006, 10:14
Whoa buddy, first things first. Weren't you just looking for your first GA job?:confused:

captwannabe
20th Apr 2006, 10:36
Not for me! For a friend who is thinking about going to NZ. Somebody must know something? Send me a PM if you have any information on their hiring policies etc.

Chocks Away
20th Apr 2006, 11:18
Not the best situation there I'm told. Excess crews... many changes of fleet etc, re Freedom/A320s. Possible code share with QF on Tasman in the future too (less ANZ runs)...?

Lasiorhinus
20th Apr 2006, 12:26
He wasnt asking about future prospects for the company. He was asking for pay scales as they are right now.
I'm also scouring the web trying to find that very information (and incidentally, for a part of Air NZ that doesnt involve driving aeroplanes) and finding it very hard to uncover.

captwannabe
20th Apr 2006, 19:58
He wasnt asking about future prospects for the company. He was asking for pay scales as they are right now.
I'm also scouring the web trying to find that very information (and incidentally, for a part of Air NZ that doesnt involve driving aeroplanes) and finding it very hard to uncover.

No, info future prospects is appreciated! Cheers Chocks Away!

zulu_kilo
20th Apr 2006, 20:40
I would expect that the payscale for tech crew would be different to non techcrew payscales... :suspect:

Cloud Cutter
20th Apr 2006, 21:31
Ah, I see. Unfortunately that info seems to be hard to come buy (can't think why). As far as employment prospects with Air NZ, as you probibly know, they recently got to a point where they decided, :mad: , we've over hired, stop everything! They will probibly start cautiously hiring again next year, but have a pretty big list of pilots on yes letters.

I think a S/O on 744 (after training) starts on about 60K plus (good) allowances.
The pay scales are complex, based on rank, equipment, and years of service.
All direct entry positions (except Domestic) are as S/O.
A F/O on the domestic operation (733) makes a similar salary to the above (with much less allowances), but most new positions will probibly be S/O on the 744 or 772.

Bases - Auckland. (Maybe Wellington and Christchurch for Domestic?)

haughtney1
21st Apr 2006, 06:34
Expect to be a S/O for a minimum of 3 years.....so Margy tells me:E

skol
22nd Apr 2006, 09:12
3 years-what an optimist. In the 90's some were S/O's for 7 years and since things are grinding to a halt promotion-wise those kind of numbers are not unrealistic.

rupert the bear
22nd Apr 2006, 09:15
SCAB labour as in OZ is always flexible:yuk:

Cloud Cutter
23rd Apr 2006, 23:15
Ohhh Kayyyy............ Not quite sure what that has to do with the topic? BTW the price of fish in China is firm this week.

skol
24th Apr 2006, 05:52
Correct Rupert. This topic hardly likely to spawn a generation of drivers willing to divulge their compensation online.

400Rulz
30th Apr 2006, 03:28
Hi Y'all
Entry level pay for 737 F/O / 767,777,747 S/O is $67,916, and increments up to $86,932 after 8 years:ok: