PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics Competition at Breighton this Fri and Sat

Zulu Alpha
18th Apr 2006, 19:06
Just in case anyone is interested, there is an aerobatics competition this Friday pm (from about 2.30) and Sat all day. All are welcome to watch and if you're feeling keen give a hand with judging (involves writing down the scores).
If you're flying in, then just make sure you contact them on the radio for instructions.
Keep your fingers crossed for clear blue skies.

stiknruda
18th Apr 2006, 21:43
ZuluAlpha

Watched you practice beneath me as I zoomed towards LKI yesterday at 170kts! You'd just called clearing the freq when I felt it almost time to give you a call via the American!

I shan't be playing this w/e as I've only just got teezee together and have already noted a couple of things that I'd like to desnag before I whoosh big time!

Hope that Breighton brings you a Prosecco moment!

Stik

Zulu Alpha
19th Apr 2006, 14:44
170 kts... Blimey!!!!

Must have been very high compression pistons or a steep dive!!!

Why not pop up to Breighton just for the craic.

Z A

May all your whooshs be big time!!

stiknruda
19th Apr 2006, 18:03
A very full bladder, HC pistons, a shallow dive from 8000' and a stonking tailwind!:ouch:

Zulu Alpha
20th Apr 2006, 10:43
Ah!! the cunning full bladder technique.

Eyes go blurred and 120 looks just like 170.

What a Cunning Stunt...careful not to get that the wrong way round.

If you are inclined to pop up to Breighton LMP/LME has invited everyone round on Friday night.

ZA

Snakecharmer
21st Apr 2006, 09:18
As a non-competitive aerobatic type, I may just bring the CAP up to Breighton tomorrow to see what this competition lark is all about...

Zulu Alpha
21st Apr 2006, 16:28
Snakecharmer,

Please drop in and watch. If you pm me with your registration I'll give you an explanation of what is happening.

The offer also applies to anyone else who is interested.

I also notice that you do aerobatic training.The British aerobatic Assoc has a scheme for instructors that allows their students to enter beginers competitions withjout having to become members (their first comp is free). This is a great deal if you have students who want to try a competition at the end of their AOPA course

Snakecharmer
22nd Apr 2006, 07:15
ZA - I know about the scheme. However, it is not appropriate for us; we mop up some business for the precise reason that we do not offer competition training!