PDA

View Full Version : Shoreham: taxi rank?

tmmorris
17th Apr 2006, 19:25
Is Shoreham the sort of place with a permanent taxi rank (i.e. I just pop outside after booking in and hop into one) or should I book with someone first?

Planning to go there for a meeting hence need businesslike travel!

Tim

Robboflyer
17th Apr 2006, 19:45
book first is my experience...

Flik Roll
17th Apr 2006, 20:19
Shoreham is out of town (Kind of) and doesn't have a taxi rank - booking I suggest!

Andy_R
17th Apr 2006, 20:22
Where are you wanting to get to and I can recommend someone. I own a taxi company, but a little too far from Shoreham Airport unfortunately.

Alternatively there is a poster in the main building foyer.

tmmorris
17th Apr 2006, 21:07
I'm going to Brighton Institute of Modern Music - 7 Rock Place, Brighton BN2...

Tim

BRL
17th Apr 2006, 22:03
Hi there. PM me your time and date of arrival and if I am around I will come and get you. I imagine it would be a few quid to get there from Shoreham Airport.

dwshimoda
18th Apr 2006, 11:31
I flew in last November. There was a poster and a freephone in the terminal. To get into the centre of Brighton was £17, so it ain't cheap! (And it took about half an hour)

I believe there is a cheaper way by getting a taxi to the station in Shoreham, and then taking the train.

I have to say, Shoreham is one of the nicest airfields I've visited, not only does it look great and have lots of friendly people, they also post your flight on the arrivals screen - very cool!

Davidt
18th Apr 2006, 11:53
Theres a freephone direct to a local cab firm to the right of the main door out of the terminal. Was there yesterday (Easter Monday) waited only 10 mins or so cost £16.50.

IO540
18th Apr 2006, 13:19
Shoreham taxi will turn up within 20 mins or less, unless it's school time :O

Brighton will be 30 mins away, and will cost a good 15 quid.

Sir George Cayley
18th Apr 2006, 13:40
Of course if you get the landing wrong on RWY 02 and there's a train passing, you get a free ride into town - :eek: on the roof!

Sir George Cayley