PDA

View Full Version : PPL at Stapleford

captwannabe
17th Apr 2006, 13:56
Has anyone donen a PPL over the summer months, full-time residential? What's it like?

littco
17th Apr 2006, 17:35
I finished my PPL there about 3 weeks ago. Full time but not residential as I already live in East London. Took me 13 weeks in total and that was over the winter! It is a great flying school, brilliant instructors and staff, plenty of students and very reasonably priced as well and high pass rates. I couldn't/can't fault it..

All the other guys there I trained with where residential, and seemed very happy with it, £10/night to me is excellent value for money really.

Eddie_Crane
17th Apr 2006, 18:09
Hi littco.
couple of questions for you re. the full-time PPL at SFC.
Did you do their week-long groundschool or did you have a different arrangement for that (e.g. self-study only, the Mon evening lectures, etc)?
Also, which books did you use, AFE series or the Trevor Thom volumes?
I'm looking to start there sometime between mid-May and end of May, depending on accommodation availability.
Thanks for any info,

C

all119
10th Aug 2006, 00:38
Hi mate

I did my ppl in stapleford flight center it’s a very good school to do you training they are very hones with the price good customer service and friendly environment
The only few problems it’s a very isolated airport far away from and shops it takes you 30 minuets waking to reach a food shop,stapleford airport have only air to ground atc services ,difficult to find accommodation in the air port have to book a month before
Airspace is so busy lots of traffic, add 20% above the normal cost of training
Over all its good you pay for what you get.

Best of luck :)

bluefeather
15th Aug 2006, 06:59
How long does it take to do the training at STFC....average? Anyone have first hand info?

Thanks

bluefeather
15th Aug 2006, 07:15
How long did the ppl alone take you?