PDA

View Full Version : Will you...

v1_rotate_v2
10th Apr 2006, 07:54
1)Will ATC allowing me to choose runway and SIDs that support the direction of flight toward my destination airport?
2)Will ATC allowing visual separation in approach controlled airspace and visual approachs?
3)Will ATC allowing early arriving flights to slow down to prevent gate holds and ramp congestion?
4)Will ATC allowing me to fly a visual approach in lieu of executing an instrument approach in VMC conditions?
5)Will ATC reduce separation minimums?

If ATC allowed me to do so, would I be able to save some fuel?:confused:
Cheers.

Lock n' Load
10th Apr 2006, 09:07
1) In most situations, the active runway will be selected according to wind/weather and sometimes according to noice regulations. If there is light traffic or the departure airport has multiple runways, you may have a choice. Otherwise, no. The SID will depend on your flight plan, the runway of departure and any restrictions on type of aircraft or filed airway.

2) Visual separation other than on final, usually not. Visual approaches, usually yes but sometimes you will be vectored to the visual approach for spacing. The spacing behind traffic is not just for your benefit. It is also there to allow departures.

3) Lower than normal speed is at your discretion unless otherwise stated by ATC.

4) See 2.

5) Other than visual approaches when you take your own separation, absolutely not.

JustaFew
10th Apr 2006, 21:33
1) Possibly. Depends on who else is flying at the time. 20kts tailwind is fine by
me if you want to go the other way.
2) Possibly. Depends on who else is flying at the time.
3) Possibly. Depends on who else is flying at the time. You could also remote
hold on the ground....
4) Possibly. Depends on who else is flying at the time.
5) You inform us that you wish to cancel IFR and continue VFR. May result in
you orbiting on base leg, though, to allow faster heavier IFR flights in...:D
Saving fuel is not a concern for ATC unless you fly on empty.
Welcome to the world of ATC, where EVERYONE will eventually be number
1 to depart or land:ok: