PDA

View Full Version : PPL Ground Exams

m0rt1L
7th Apr 2006, 10:35
Hi guyz im just about to sit my ground exams for my PPL sometime very soon.
Ok i have studied lots of content so far but imm wanting to do some test exams, i have a PPL Confuser, r all the questions in the latest confuser the ones that will be in the exam or will they all be totally different.Ive also been searching online trying to find some sites with question banks for the PPL ground school.
Anyways if any1 has got any info or tips let me know :)

Regards Craig

cantw82fly
7th Apr 2006, 11:06
Hi

The questions in the confuser are similar to those in the exam. They are not exactly the same. But I found that if you get around 85% in the confuser you should be OK.

Good luck.

littco
7th Apr 2006, 11:48
My advice, having sat all the exams in the last few months is learn the contents of the books the best you can, as you will always need it and if you go onto do your ATPL it will give you a good understanding. But do as many of the confuser questions as you can. You will find that doing the confuser on it's own will pass you but you wont actually learn that much.

In essence though the confuser is about 90% right!

PeterDublin
7th Apr 2006, 11:51
Can anybode explain what is "PPL Confuser" ?
Thanks in advance :)

strafer
7th Apr 2006, 11:57
It's a book of mock tests, followed by the correct answers and a brief description of each. As previously stated, if you can do the mock test and get a score of >85%, you'll probably be ready to take the test for real.

UAU242
7th Apr 2006, 12:09
i found that there were questions in the confuser that were identical or very similar to questions found in the actual tests. So any questions that you get wrong in the confuser make sure you know what the correct answer is and why because you might come across it again in the tests.

bfato
7th Apr 2006, 12:50
When I was at the stage to take the PPL tests, I used www.airquiz.com for online practice. They were good and very cheap. You may get more up-to-date info if you post in the private flying forum though, as discussion here is focussed on commercial training!

DRJAD
7th Apr 2006, 13:32
Do try not to learn answers to questions which may feature in the real examinations. One should learn the principles behind the answers.

For one thing doing this will make a candidate more likely to be able to answer any question then based on those principles.

For another, a candidate will be less likely to compromise himself in relation to safety and legality.

maxdrypower
8th Apr 2006, 11:46
I used the ppl confuser and can agree I found it about 90% accurate with regard to the questions in the exams , helped me enormously and would reccomend it

Whopity
9th Apr 2006, 14:05
The purpose of the PPL theoretical knowkledge is to equip pilots with sufficient knowledge so that one day it may save their lives. The purpose of the exams is to see if they have learned enough.

If I was an unsuspecting passenger, I don't think I'd want to fly with pilots who just learn the answers from a book!

kevmusic
9th Apr 2006, 14:07
If I was an unsuspecting passenger, I don't think I'd want to fly with pilots who just learn the answers from a book!

How would you want them to learn the answers? :cool:

m0rt1L
9th Apr 2006, 16:15
hi guyz thanks for the tips and hints i actually wnet out that day and bought the oxford exam prep disk for ppl, i am at the minute useing the 300+ questions of airlaw mixed with the 150+ in the confuser and imm getting 90-95% on them so i think i may take my exam this week whilst imm on form.I read previously the afe airlaw book and studied lots of info on the net so 99.9% of the book i understand. anyways ill let u al know how i go on :) cheers guyz