PDA

View Full Version : which TRTO ?

munanza
2nd Apr 2006, 14:39
Hello everybody,

I'm searching for a good TRTO providing type qualifications for Boeing and/or Airbus.
I have read some things on the forum about hub'air and flugschule Berlin.
Do you know others in europe ? Can you talk about your own experience of a TRTO? What do you think about Sabena flight academy? I am interested, of course, in the quality of the type qualification, and also in the "what's next" : can the TRTO help in the job search?
thanks for your answers.
Munanza

zooloflyer
2nd Apr 2006, 16:17
You'll need a SSTR with 100hrs line training.

Most airlines can't hire ab-initios these days because they need to train you 100hrs on type, the famous 'line' training and they need available instructors for that. So the TR alone won't get you much further at this time I think.

If you want the 100hrs you'll probably end up doing a thing like Astraeus, through Bond or Hub but the slots are sold out untill the end of the year.

This means you'll have 40.000€ debts by the beginning of 2006 and maybe a good job - probably Ryanair while the market has, again, completely changed by then.

At least that's my point of view. See it as the last option to get that right seat job after you've done anything else possible!

zooloflyer
2nd Apr 2006, 16:20
By the way most of the training organisations offering the program you require are FTO's and not TRTO's.

Good luck.

munanza
2nd Apr 2006, 16:37
thank you for answering. I am thinking about doing a tq. But I also think that paying for its own tq is not fair. Many pilots are already paying for ATPL, CPL, IR ME,etc. That's the company's job ! I am very angry at the moment because almost all ads I see are for experienced pilots and sometimes, they say they don't even want applications from pilots without experience. that's a non sense. Are they forgetting that all pilots on earth have had 300 hours one day ??

herta
2nd Apr 2006, 17:22
Hey,

I did the B737 SSTR at the FSB, costed me 22 000 euro. Line training is expected in some time..... but they are to start with new airline partner.
At the FSB the 100 hour line training is paid.

zooloflyer
2nd Apr 2006, 17:48
Indeed, that would be one thing, to get your line training for free while you perform as FO in training but fi at Astraeus they're asking you to pay 10.000€ for those 3 months of 'work'!? + expenses...

It's a crazy :mad: world...

Watch out with the TR man, certainly on 737 - waiting waiting waiting...

And make sure to go to an organisation that provides both - TR and line training. If ever you decide to start with the TR only and try to find a job and later you decide to go for the line training you'll have to avoid that they will say - Oh sorry but you didn't do your TR here with us, sorry no place for you...

I think that's what they call 'coupled sale' - forbidden by EU law I thought!

I wonder if this is all legal...:yuk:

beatrix
2nd Apr 2006, 17:48
try giving Storm Aviation (lgw) a call.. / email. they are running A320 cadet courses. you pays your money (I think 20 to 25k - might be less, can't remember) and they give you a type rating and 500 hours with a well known European airline. You may have to wait for a slot to come up, but they're definitely running courses this year.

You'll find all the details you need at:

http://www.stormaviation.com/training/pilots.php

Hope you find something suitable!

Beatrix :8

munanza
2nd Apr 2006, 17:52
thanks to all of you. I have already asked for informations at fsb, the school of lufthansa, i don't remember the name and sfa. I will email at storm aviation.
bye

zooloflyer
2nd Apr 2006, 18:19
Don't forget Jetlink!!! - A320 TR with 500hrs for only 66.000€ :eek:

+ taxes

dofly
4th Apr 2006, 11:44
Comfly in Berlin, Germany, does an excellent job on the Tape Ratings for Airbus A 320 and Boeing B 737-300-800.
The cost for the A 320 TR is about 22.000 €, plus about 6.300 € for the Base Training. They have good connections with some German Airlines and some airlines in Asia. Those desperately look for FOs!
Even if they post on their website 500 or 1000 hours minimum as a requirement: if they need pilot (and they do, especially for the A 320 / A 330 right now!) and you convince them about your flying skills during the screening THEY HIRE YOU.

www.comfly.de

Happy Landings
dofly

no sponsor
4th Apr 2006, 12:20
Judging by Comfly's website, speaking German would be a basic requirement though...:hmm:

dofly
4th Apr 2006, 20:02
nope - the training for the JAR Type Ratings (A 320 or B 737) is completely in german.

They will change their website to english soon....

HLs
dofly

dofly
4th Apr 2006, 20:04
well, of course it means:

nope - the training for the JAR Type Ratings (A 320 or B 737) is completely in ENGLISH.

Yepp, professional aviation training in any other language than english wouldnt make sense....

HLs
dofly

Boingy
5th Apr 2006, 01:17
By the way most of the training organisations offering the program you require are FTO's and not TRTO's.

Good luck.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but whilst working as an Operations Manager for a training organisation I was under the impression that - An FTO (Flight Training Organisation) would NEED to hold a TRTO (Type Rating Training Organisation) to conduct Type Ratings. You can have a TRTO without an FTO (I believe) but any TR training MUST be done at a registered/approved TRTO. If you look at your CAA's website they should offer a page which lists TRTO holders?

If you are parting with far too much cash for a TR make sure that the company that is taking it IS approved, otherwise it's a duff TR.. (duh :P) and then, obviously, you are paddling up said creek without a paddle.

If I am teaching you to suck eggs I apologise now.

Piltdown Man
5th Apr 2006, 09:34
Go for the most expensive one! Whoever they are. The industry needs the cash! And after you have spent the money, please don't ask when you are going to get a job!

The money that you are thinking of spending on a rating could keep you in beer and beans for two years or so. And think about this. Employers will still probably ask you to do it all over again, just so that you have been trained with the same SOP's as your colleagues. And bond you for it if you don't pay again! That's if they operate the same type as you have on your licence. And what are you going to do about line training - less than 500 hours on type and you are still very new!

Save the cash. Spend it on yourself. Let your employer pay.

PM.

munanza
5th Apr 2006, 17:44
I agree with Pm. i do not think it's good to pay for a type rating. the company must do it. but I don't think it will be different in the next years. Now schools are providing the tq, line training. it's a business. I am very angry about all this, but what can I do ? I will be 32 this year, with no experience, no type qualification. I am very motivated. I want to work, I need to work. I don't want to say myself : ok you won't ever be a pilot ! If you know a company ready to hire me right now, let me know !! although I don't want to pay for a tq, I don't think I will find a job without it. So what to do ?

Jaylow
14th Apr 2006, 17:15
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any info on Fsb berlin? I'm hoping to do my B737-800 type their.

Re-Heat
14th Apr 2006, 22:33
thank you for answering. I am thinking about doing a tq. But I also think that paying for its own tq is not fair. Many pilots are already paying for ATPL, CPL, IR ME,etc. That's the company's job ! I am very angry at the moment because almost all ads I see are for experienced pilots and sometimes, they say they don't even want applications from pilots without experience. that's a non sense. Are they forgetting that all pilots on earth have had 300 hours one day
No - you are crazy, because you along with many others have ensured that there are too many low-houred guys, with far too few jobs to support the level entering the market.

Qualified guys are in short supply as you cannot staff expanding operations with staff who have such a low level of experience.

FlyingSpanner
25th Apr 2006, 12:12
Can someone tell me a link to Jetlink please.

When I do a search on them I get the bus company coming up. And not the right "Bus" :eek:

Thanks
Spanner

willby
25th Apr 2006, 17:21
Hi,
Try here :
http://www.jetlinx.co.uk
Regards
Willby

zooloflyer
26th Apr 2006, 08:12
Wrong, it was a company in Luxembourg and search the forums as it seemed to be a scam.

clouds101
27th Apr 2006, 00:18
Try www.jetlink.lu

No scam here! I just been selected to join a program in cooperation with Air Malta. Since jet link specializes in ab initio F.O. programs I had to wait for quite some time for an available slot since I'm already type rated.

The selection was done in Brussels and included a personal interview and a sim assessment in a B-737 200 at Sabena Flight Academy.

The selection was very good organized and on top of that free of charge.

It seems that jet link is now working together with airlines like Air Arabia, Adria Airways and Air Malta.

If you have the cash I can highly recommend it.

zooloflyer
28th Apr 2006, 07:23
With all respect, I think the word selection belongs to the airline recruitment divisions.
You don't go on a selection interview when you pay out 66.000euros for a TR and 500hrs on type (and why the hell 500hrs??) - if you go to such a selection then you're already an exceptional fool and I can imagine you'll be treated like a king!

And I can imagine that all people involved are very well payed to assist...

My advice would be to take all paperwork to a lawyer and make sure you are well protected before you start the adventure. Remember, you're the exceptional fool, you're the client and you pull the strings there.

BTW Boing I don't think Jetlink is a TRTO...

zooloflyer
28th Apr 2006, 07:24
If you have the cash I can highly recommend it.

Dear Mr Jetlink advertisements on this site need to be on top of the page and be payed for I thought...