PDA

View Full Version : Meet Stan, the new Nats Mascot.

SonicTPA
2nd Apr 2006, 09:34
Stan is coming to a bar-stool session at our unit this week.

He stands for 1 company, 1 identity...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/sonictpa/stanfimble4.jpg

LGW15
2nd Apr 2006, 10:45
Getting boring and stupid now - its not funny.

I thought the 'professionals' like to have decent posts not stupid jokes that are repetitive all the time. :rolleyes: :} :*

PA7
2nd Apr 2006, 11:24
Humour failure LGW15:{ Stop moaning and start smiling:E then again......

anotherthing
2nd Apr 2006, 11:36
Very good!! LGW15, you don't have to read the posts or reply!!

Spangly
2nd Apr 2006, 12:56
PA7 - now your email makes sense! Very good. I'm going to miss out on Stan at our unit, shame. ;)

Flap42
2nd Apr 2006, 13:45
LGW15 as said before, you DON'T have to read the threads. Maybe this is not the forum for a 15year old school boy to be commenting on the "proffesionals" feeling towards rebranding. So come on TIM grow up.

2nd Apr 2006, 15:54
This week's "Fimbles" has two free finger puppets and a NATS logo competition on pages 8-9.

[Pprune....please delete if I am not allowed to advertise a publication...in which case I apologise.]

Aluminium Importer
2nd Apr 2006, 21:23
Yet another arrogant teenage adolescent with an image & attitude problem. Seem to be the fashion these days......

Noticed a few of his previous posts have irritated a few in the past - good effort for such a young chap, despite having the interpersonal skills of a turd.

Time for him to brush up on the aforementioned skills, methinks.....

:mad:

SonicTPA
2nd Apr 2006, 22:14
LGW15, are you sure you're not NATS management. They're always trying to stop outbreaks of morale...:E

Van Der Hum
3rd Apr 2006, 09:20
LGW15, are you sure you're not NATS management. They're always trying to stop outbreaks of morale...

He's also young enough to think that colours and patterns like the new logo is the height of fashion... :hmm:

PA7
3rd Apr 2006, 10:56
thought he was looking in the mirror:E

SonicTPA
4th Apr 2006, 22:13
PA7,

Has Stan and his friends turned up yet?

PA7
4th Apr 2006, 22:17
Arrived this morning Sonic, just got to sort out a pass from security and they will be ready to plug in on the back desk:rolleyes:

SonicTPA
5th Apr 2006, 09:00
That's brilliant!

We're going to need a bigger back desk - I can envisage some people being reluctant to give up their 'position' at the back, and they won't want to plug in somewhere else! :ok:

cdtaylor_nats
5th Apr 2006, 12:40
Best reason I have heard for the multi-colours so far is that its a pre-emptive strike against the rest of Europe ATC privatising. Let them try and find a colour scheme NATS doesn't already have!

PA7
5th Apr 2006, 12:56
Well there is always black and white

YDOIBOTHA
5th Apr 2006, 16:35
or Blue and White:D

whiz
6th Apr 2006, 07:49
Any truth in the rumour that Stan had to cancel the bar stool session at CWL due tea breaks ? :}

prospero
7th Apr 2006, 13:05
Gents
LGW15 may indeed be all of the things you said (Although I doubt it), but it doesn't stop him being right.
Prospero

LGW15
7th Apr 2006, 13:20
What you sayin prospero?
Right bout what?

prospero
7th Apr 2006, 16:09
Getting boring and stupid now - its not funny
'Bout that
Prospero

Gonzo
7th Apr 2006, 16:23
Do you work for NATS prospero?

lobby
7th Apr 2006, 19:21
I think he probably is all those things!!:mad: he is probably right, boring! so liven it up a bit. Anyway, What ya sayin ?

PA7
7th Apr 2006, 20:01
Rumour has it Stan and his friends were spotted at a NATS unit today darn south. Didn't plug in on radar though just sat at the back doing what managers do...............:rolleyes:

radarman
7th Apr 2006, 23:50
Never mind the back-biting; STAN really does exist. In view of NATS tie-up with AENA, if you translate 'National Air Traffic Services' into Spanish, the abbreviation is STAN.
Oops! Doh! Forgot. NATS doesn't stand for National Air Traffic Services any more. Forget this post. :\

PPRuNe Radar
8th Apr 2006, 01:38
Radarman

Su español es en el mejor de los casos dañado. It would be Tráfico Aéreo Nacional Services.

Like what you get when you sit out in the Spanish sun ..... tans.

AgentSmithMatrix
8th Apr 2006, 12:31
Well, well well, welcome back Mr Stan. We have all been missing you !

I notice Stan that none of your cronies appears to be able to afford
a tie ? You are a scruff Stan and a nasty one at that.

:}

Bombay Bad Boy
13th Apr 2006, 18:11
Is it true that STAN wishes to be known as Natalie from 1st MAY when he (sorry she) returns from having the op? :confused:

BBB

SonicTPA
14th Apr 2006, 10:09
BBB,

Where did you hear that rumour from? It throws up some interesting, ethical questions...;)

SixDelta
23rd Apr 2006, 17:59
Aprils CBeebies Magazine from Aunty Beeb includes two free new NATS finger puppets............enjoy!
:D

Bigears
24th Apr 2006, 09:51
Noticed here (http://www.cbeebiesmagazine.com/content/competition/)

Fimbles fans are invited to FIMBLES LIVE! for a party full of excitement and wonder, where they will be joined by BBC TV presenter Sarah-Jane Honeywell. This delightful and imaginative new production promises to be a colourful adventure full of music, song and dance, games and lots of sparkling surprises.
Five runners-up will win a family ticket to FIMBLES LIVE!
For a full list of dates and venues and further information on the tour please visit www.fimbleslive.com.
http://www.fimbleslive.co.uk/images/h-fimbles.jpg
MODS: Please delete if there are any issues regarding links/advertising etc. Thanks.

SilentHandover
5th May 2006, 13:18
Good to see our re-branding as NATS, standing for 'The world leading Air Traffic Management company' not National Air Traffic Services is being broadcast well!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4975974.stm

Gonzo
5th May 2006, 14:31
By Jingo! Point Seven in a suit!!!!!:eek:

Point Seven
5th May 2006, 18:24
Gonzo

Yes that is how handsome I look in a suit - and no I didn't bake cakes for my mates at the Beeb....

P7

Gonzo
5th May 2006, 18:27
Jealousy will get you nowhere my boy....;)

My talents are in demand again on Monday....

2miles600feet
5th May 2006, 18:55
Yes, well done Dave. You scrubbed up well.
I trust you were better behaved than you were the last time you had a camera pointed at you in there?

Point Seven
7th May 2006, 21:32
Ahhh, I never knew that you trod these boards. In fact, I am surprised that they bear your not inconsiderable weight...

P7

2miles600feet
7th May 2006, 21:59
Brief forays, and only when strictly necessary.

hold at SATAN
9th May 2006, 18:01
p7,

next time please wear a suit which fits you - not one that you wore during your school days - you're much taller now, with longer arms

Point Seven
10th May 2006, 21:21
hold at SATAN

As I gather from your rubbish moniker (it means name) that you are a Heathrow ATCO, I need not take any sartorial tips from you as, with the exception of myself and certain A watch controller, there is not a stylish ATCO amongst you all. My suit was actually made to measure by those fine gents at Prada.

I think perhaps you ought to concentrate on what you claim to do best and leave the real work for the 4th floor.

P7

GT3
11th May 2006, 13:57
P7 I would like to challenge your claim above. I believe I have a style of my own, therefore could be considered stylish.

How was your nordic tour?

Gonzo
11th May 2006, 15:01
P7 - Stylish.......??

stylish
adj
1: having elegance or taste or refinement in manners or dress;
2: being or in accordance with current fashion

One might argue that it greatly depends on which definition we use.....

Point Seven
11th May 2006, 16:07
GONZO

adj informal

Origins 1970s perhaps from Italian - gonzo meaning "foolish"

P7

hold at SATAN
14th May 2006, 23:31
p7,
what can I say? mr A watch certainly puts us all to shame in the fashion stakes

My suit was actually made to measure by those fine gents at Prada.
I think perhaps you ought to concentrate on what you claim to do best and leave the real work for the 4th floor.
P7
actually Prada don't do made to measure... nor do they sell in Asda. Furthermore, whilst the 4th floor can be applauded for the excellent work they do for the bottom line at Costa, work is not a word that can be applied to their activities...although hats off for the great "braced for 6 of the best" position in this week's skyport... it was a very nice spread about ( or is it by?) NATS' finest! :ok:

As I gather from your rubbish moniker (it means name) that you are a Heathrow ATCO

you can also come to the same conclusion from reading my location

Flaps ten please
28th Sep 2006, 23:39
Congratulations, Stan, on your new appointment as Head of Staff Morale.
:E ;) :suspect:

QWERTY9
30th Sep 2006, 08:39
Shame he has now be dismissed from post for not keeping up appearances with the National Air Traffic Services management team.
Surely he was the best looking member to adorn the walls of LACC or was it a case of not wanting to be associated with a rogues gallery :E